CHAPTER • 23

Joshua can't help but really wants to kiss Miyoung so he cupped Miyoung's cheeks as he move his face closer to Miyoung. Miyoung doesn't know to herself but she closed her eyes until she felt Joshua's breath on her face.

"He is going to kiss me." Miyoung thought. They both felt their noses touch until—

Miyoung's phone rang. Joshua frowned after he heard Miyoung's phone rang. "What a great timing!" He thought sarcastically. "Answer your phone." He said.

Miyoung took her phone out and answered the call without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Miyoung-ah, are you at home?"

Hearing the voice, Miyoung already know who called her.

"No but I'm on my way home now. Why, Jeonghan?"

Joshua glared at Miyoung after he heard the name who called her. "Why is he calling now?!" He thought.

"I was about to go to your house because I want to do the homework with you but I guess you're busy."

"Is that so? Sorry but I'm already done with my homework." Miyoung lied. She hasn't done with her homework yet. She decided to do it after she got home. "Why did I lie though?" She thought.

"I guess I'll just do it all by myself." Miyoung heard Jeonghan chuckled on the line. "Take care on the way home. Let's just see each other tomorrow."

"Sure. Bye." The phone call ended.

"That's Jeonghan, wasn't it?" Joshua said and Miyoung just nodded. "What did he say?" The curious Joshua asked.

"He just wanted to do the homework with me but I'm already done with my homework so I told him." Miyoung answered and smiled.

"Oh, okay. By the way, does your brother know that you went out with me?" He asked, changing the topic.

"Uhh, no. I forgot to tell him." Miyoung chuckled as she scratched her nape.

"He must be looking for you right now. How about your parents? Did they know?"

"No either. They're not yet home. They'll be at home around 9PM from work." Miyoung said as she put her phone in her bag. Joshua looked at his wristwatch and it shows 07:43PM.

"So, are you going home now? I'll drive you home." Joshua asked.

"Yes. Sure, thanks." They both stood up and went to the parking lot.

After they arrived at Miyoung's house, Miyoung thanked Joshua once again before she stepped out of the car. They bid each other's goodbyes before Joshua left.

Miyoung got asked by his brother as she entered their house.

"Where have you been, Miyoung? I was looking for you." Wonwoo asked.

"Sorry, I forgot to tell you that I hang out with Joshua. Don't worry, I've eaten dinner already. Joshua treated me." Miyoung told her brother.

"Okay then. Next time, please don't forget to tell me if you're going out somewhere, okay?" Wonwoo told his sister and Miyoung just nodded as her response.

They both went to their own bedrooms and do their own business.

Miyoung plopped herself on the bed and touched the necklace's heart pendant.

"Thank you very much for this, Joshua." She mumbled and smiled.

JEONGHAN's POV
I was very bored at home and too lazy to do the homework for now so I decided to go to Hangang Park and stroll around. While I was strolling around, I suddenly thought of Miyoung. I really want to confess my feelings for her as soon as possible but I can't decide my final decision when I will confess my feelings to her.

"Believe me. She likes you too."

Her brother's words keep repeating in my mind. If Miyoung likes me back, it's easy to confess, right? I won't get rejected. Wonwoo told me that I have to believe him but I don't know why I can't perfectly believe him.

As I keep walking, I think of Miyoung. But then, my eyes suddenly caught someone. I stopped from walking and stared at the girl I saw. It is Miyoung sitting on a bench with... Joshua? I closed my eyes and shook my head. Maybe I just mistook them but once I opened my eyes again and looked at the two, I realized it's really them.

I saw how Joshua caressed Miyoung's hair. My fist clenched and I felt my blood started to boil in anger. How dare he could flirt with Miyoung?! When I saw Joshua cupped Miyoung's cheeks and getting closer to Miyoung, I suddenly thought how I should stop Joshua. I know he is going to kiss Miyoung and I won't let that happen. I really have to stop Joshua before he could kiss Miyoung.

I suddenly took my phone out from my pocket and dialed Miyoung's number.

I looked at Joshua, who stopped from getting closer to Miyoung, frowned. I chuckled at his reaction, he seems disappointed.

"Hello?" Miyoung said on the line.

"Miyoung-ah, are you at home?" I asked.

"No but I'm on my way home now. Why, Jeonghan?"

Such a liar, Miyoung. How could you lie to me? I thought she was going to say that she's here in the Hangang Park.

"I was about to go to your house because I want to do the homework with you but I guess you're busy." I said, lying. Sorry if I lied too, I decided to call you because I just want to interrupt.

"Is that so? Sorry but I'm already done with my homework."

"I guess I'll just do it all by myself." I chuckled. "Take care on the way home. Let's just see each other tomorrow."

"Sure. Bye." Then I ended the call.

I still stood here and watched them. It seems they are going home now, so I'll go home now too. I already stopped Joshua from kissing Miyoung, so I'll just go home and do my homework. I should make a move to Miyoung now before Joshua could get her from me.

Sorry Joshua, I know we're friends but Miyoung deserves me more than you do. I will do everything just for her.