CHAPTER • 14

Few months already had passed. Miyoung decided to join the dance club while Jeonghan joined the music club, and Joshua did too. It took a lot of days before she had a final decision but she really loves to dance, so she did join the dance club. There will be a dance competition next week, that's why the dance club members are busy preparing and practicing for the upcoming competition.

Classes are finally dismissed. Miyoung is now packing her things and put them inside her bag. She is getting ready for their practice which will be done around 6PM. As she closed her bag, Joshua approached her.

"Hey, Miyoung! Take this." He said as he handed Miyoung cold bottled water.

"Hey, Josh! For what?" Miyoung asked and looked at Joshua.

"You have practice until 6PM, right? That's kind of tiring, so I bought you bottled water whenever you're thirsty at your practice." Joshua smiled.

"Oh, thanks. I was about to buy once I get out of this classroom but you already did for me." Miyoung said and chuckled as she took the bottled water from Joshua.

"You're welcome. If you need something else, just call me." Joshua said before he left.

"No. Don't call him! Call me instead." Jeonghan, who is standing beside Miyoung, blurted when Joshua had already left the room.

Miyoung looked at him and chuckled before she said, "I always call you when I need something. I never called Joshua."

"I know. I just don't want you to get close with him because he might fall in love with you even more." Jeonghan mumbled the last sentence, looking away.

"Might fall in love what?" Miyoung asked curiously, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Nothing." Jeonghan said as he grabbed his bag. "By the way, I'm sorry because I couldn't wait for you until the end of your practice. I have to go somewhere."

"It's okay, seriously. You don't have to wait for me until six every day. I can go home by myself."

"I'm just... you know, worried because it's very dangerous to be alone out there when it's already dark." Jeonghan sighed.

"I know. Don't worry about me, I'm a big girl now." Miyoung chuckled.

There was a moment of silence.

"So, wha—" Miyoung's words got cut off when Jeonghan suddenly hugged her tight. Her eyes widened, she doesn't have any idea why Jeonghan hugged her.

"Take care when you get home." Jeonghan mumbled to Miyoung's ear. Miyoung felt her cheeks started to heat up and felt her heart started to beat faster than the usual. Jeonghan sounds like a protective boyfriend to her. She just nodded and then Jeonghan released the hug.

"I should go now. Bye, Miyoung!" Jeonghan waved his hands to Miyoung before he left the classroom. Miyoung then made her way to the dance practice room.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"You've all worked hard! See you guys again tomorrow." Soonyoung, the leader of the dance club, told his co-members.

The members bid their goodbyes as they waved their hands to each other. Miyoung looked at the wall clock at the dance practice room—it is 06:30PM. She heard her stomach growled, she's hungry so she decided to go somewhere where she can eat dinner first before she'll go home.

Miyoung was about to leave the dance practice room when Soonyoung called her. She turned around to face Soonyoung and asked, "What is it?"

"Are you going home already?" He asked.

"Not yet. I'll go eat somewhere first before I'll go home, why?"

"Good. I'm going to eat first too before I go home. Can we just go together?" Soonyoung asked.

"Sure but I won't take too long." Miyoung smiled.

"Okay then. Let's go!"

Soonyoung and Miyoung had their dinner in a restaurant near their school. It's not that awkward because Soonyoung has a lot of topics to talk about. Soonyoung paid the bill even though Miyoung doesn't want him to pay. After that, Miyoung thanked Soonyoung.

Soonyoung looked at his wristwatch and it shows 07:40PM.

"Are you going home alone?" He asked.

"Yes." Miyoung answered as she nodded.

"It's kind of late now. I'll take you home."

"No. It's okay, you don't have to."

"I'll call Jeonghan for you so that he will take you home." Soonyoung said as he took his phone from his pocket.

"Seriously, Soonyoung. You don't have to. I'm a big girl now."

"Okay then. That's what you said." Soonyoung's phone then rang. He looked at the caller ID—it is Jeonghan. "Oh, Jeonghan's calling!" He told Miyoung before he answered the call.

"Hello, Jeonghan?"

"Soonyoung-ah, is the practice done? It's almost 8PM and Miyoung's not yet home. Do you know where she is?" Jeonghan asked, obviously worried.

"Yes. She's with me. We just finished eating dinner." Soonyoung answered.

"Are you going home now?"

"Yes, we are. I was asking her if I could take her home because it's kind of late now but she rejected." Soonyoung said and chuckled.

"Soonyoung! Do you really have to say that?" Miyoung scoffed.

"Is that so? Tell her to wait for me there. I'll pick her up." Jeonghan said before the call ended.

"Jeonghan said wait for him here, he'll pick you up." Soonyoung then put his phone back to his pocket.

"Fine. I will."

It's really quiet while waiting for Jeonghan, so Soonyoung thought of a topic.

"Miyoung-ah, are you and Jeonghan really just friends?" Soonyoung questioned.

"Yes. Why'd you ask?"

"Because you two are more like more than bestfriends, you know?" Miyoung can't help but blushed at Soonyoung's words. "It seems he's special to you and you are special to him. By any chance, do you like him?"