CHAPTER • 40

Joshua's heart suddenly beats fast in nervousness as he saw Jeonghan's car crashed into a tree and a truck hit the driver's seat side.

He hopped out of his car and quickly ran to Jeonghan. The driver of the truck also went out to see how badly he hit Jeonghan.

"Oh no! I'm very sorry. Do you know that guy?" The truck driver asked to Joshua worriedly as he pointed at Jeonghan who has blood on his face.

"Y-yes. I do know him." Joshua answered, stuttering. "What exactly happened, sir?" He asked politely.

"I don't know what's up with him but he was driving too fast and going on the wrong way. I'm sorry for hitting him. I didn't mean to."

Joshua sighed deeply. He knew this would happen although he doesn't want to. "You don't have to be sorry. It's his fault though. He's drunk that's why I followed him but I was too late."

"Oh, that's why. I'll call an ambulance now. We need to bring him to the hospital as soon as possible." The truck driver said then he took out his phone to call an ambulance.

After a few minutes, the ambulance has arrived and quickly gets Jeonghan from his now broken car.

Joshua hopped inside his car and followed the ambulance. The driver of the truck also made his way to the hospital.

When they finally arrived at the hospital, the nurses and doctors helped each other to bring Jeonghan quickly to the emergency room.

Joshua and the driver of the truck sat on the bench in front of the emergency room, waiting for the results.

While waiting, Joshua sent a message to his parents that he's in the hospital and might go home very late. He also told his parents that Jeonghan got into an accident.

Of course, Joshua did not forget to send a message to Jeonghan's parents. He decided that he'll just send a message to Miyoung after the doctors will tell the results.

While waiting for the results and for Jeonghan's parents to come, Joshua bought two cups of coffee for him and for the driver of the truck. As they talked to each other, he found out that the driver's name is Maxwell Thornton. They get to know each other a little.

When Jeonghan's parents came, Mrs. Yoon immediately asked Joshua about what happened to her son.

"Mr. and Mrs. Yoon, I was at the club and I saw him there getting drunk alone. I asked him what's wrong and he told me that it's all because of his parents. You want him to get married with Mingyu's sister. He's already engaged to Miyoung and they really love each other. He's sad because you don't support his relationship with Miyoung anymore and you're being workaholic... When I noticed that he's nowhere to be found at the club, I quickly followed him outside because I know how drunk he is and I know something bad might happen to him but I was too late." Joshua explained.

"Your son was driving too fast and going on the wrong way. I'm sorry, I did not mean to hit him." Maxwell said.

"And please don't blame him, it's Jeonghan's fault though. Your son is drunk." Joshua added.

Mrs. Yoon can't help but cried as Mr. Yoon pulled her into a hug. "Let's just pray that Jeonghan will be fine." Mr. Yoon said.

After three hours of waiting, the doctor came out from the emergency room and looked for Jeonghan's relatives. They all stood up waited for the doctor to tell the results.

"The patient is fine now. He might wake up soon but his left leg got injured and his head got hit bad, but not really bad. It's just he might forget few things but it won't last long. He might remember those quickly. We will know when he wakes up." The doctor explained.

Jeonghan's parents thanked the doctor before he left. They sighed in relief, nothing really serious happened to Jeonghan.

Maxwell Thornton told Joshua and the Yoon parents that he really needs to go home for his family. So he just gave a big amount of money for will be Jeonghan's bills in the hospital.

"No, sir. You don't have to." Mrs. Yoon said.

"I know it's not my fault but I hit him and his car so bad, so please just take this money for him." Maxwell pleased.

The Yoon parents just accepted the money and thanked Maxwell before he left.

Joshua looked at the time now—it is 04:13AM. He's sleepy but he decided to stay at the hospital with Jeonghan's parents.

He remembered that he needs to send a message to Miyoung about Jeonghan's condition.

Hey Miyoung! Your fiancé just got into a car accident.
His left leg got injured and his head got hit but not really bad.
Don't worry, he's fine now. We're just waiting for him to wake up. Don't forget to pray for him. 😇