CHAPTER • 44

5 years later...

Miyoung woke their 5-year-old daughter, JaeKyung, up early for school. Though she is not really feeling well nowadays, she still has to do her job as a mother but she has not told Jeonghan yet that she is not feeling well.

While JaeKyung is eating her breakfast, Miyoung is cooking her daughter's lunch to bring at school. Jeonghan greeted his wife and daughter a good morning as he entered the kitchen. He then gave Miyoung a quick kiss on her cheek, and also his daughter before he sat on a chair across JaeKyung.

"Thank goodness! I don't have a work today. I could rest how much I want to. How about you, yeobo? You have a work today, don't you?" Jeonghan said, looking at his wife although she's back facing him.

"Yes, I do have but I can't go." Miyoung answered as she put the plate of pancakes on the table.

"You didn't go to work yesterday too. Are you okay?" Jeonghan asked worriedly.

"Yeah, I'm seriously fine." Miyoung said as she sat beside her husband.

"Mom, just rest if you really can't go to work. Since daddy does not have work today, he will be here to take care of you." JaeKyung said before she took a sip on her glass of milk.

"I know. That's why I won't go to work today, sweetie. I'm not really feeling well." Miyoung said.

"How long have you been not feeling well?" Jeonghan asked worriedly as he put his hands on Miyoung's forehead to check her temperature. "You're not hot. You don't have a fever."

"It's been a week."

"Why you didn't tell me?" Jeonghan asked as he put his left hand on Miyoung's cheek.

"You were busy with your work." Miyoung looked down.

"You still have should told me. I can continue those whenever I want to. You're my wife! I should be taking care of you whenever you're sick and always."

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay." Jeonghan patted Miyoung's head. "And I caught you vomiting last night. Did you eat something that made your stomach upset or you feel something different?"

"Let's just go to the doctor later." Miyoung said.

"Sure."

As they eat their breakfast, Wonwoo came in to their house. He greeted the family happily then he saw his sister's beautiful daughter, JaeKyung.

"JaeKyungie! I missed you. Did you miss me too?" Wonwoo said as he hugged JaeKyung.

"Of course! I did miss you, uncle Wonwoo." JaeKyung giggled.

"How about you two? You are doing well?" Wonwoo asked the couple.

"Yes, we are." Jeonghan answered. "But you're sister is not feeling well. I'll take her to the doctor later."

"Oh, is that so? Then I'll just drive JaeKyung to her school." Wonwoo said.

"Sure. Thanks!" Jeonghan said and smiled.

"I'll just pack her snacks and lunch." Miyoung said. She then stood up and cleaned the table before she packed her daughter's stuff.