CHAPTER • 11

“Ugh! When will I finish all of these problems?” Miyoung said annoyingly and groaned. They are doing their homework on Miyoung’s study table.

Jeonghan looked at the wall clock inside Miyoung’s room, it is almost 10PM. They have 10 problems need to solve but Jeonghan already finished 7 problems while Miyoung is still at the fourth problem, so Jeonghan decided to help Miyoung by giving his notebook and let Miyoung copy his answers.

“Just copy my answers.” Jeonghan said.

“But you worked hard answering these, I can’t just copy your answers.” Miyoung said, hesitating.

“It’s okay but next time I’ll teach you how to answer these problems.”

“Why don’t you teach it to me now?”

“It is kind of late. We still need to wake up early for school. I’ll finish the three problems left and you just copy them tomorrow.” Jeonghan said as he sat up properly.

“Okay… Thanks.” Miyoung then started to copy Jeonghan’s answers.

While Miyoung is copying Jeonghan’s answers, she can see on her peripheral view that Jeonghan is staring at her. She bit her lip in nervousness and thought, “Why is he staring at me? I can’t focus on copying. I might copy the answer from the other problem.”

Miyoung suddenly quicken herself in copying Jeonghan’s answer, trying to ignore Jeonghan’s stare at her. After a few moments, she finally finished copying.

“Done!” Miyoung said as she looked at Jeonghan. Her eyes widened when she realized how close her face on Jeonghan's. She gulped, doesn't know what to do. Their lips are just inches apart.

Miyoung just looked at Jeonghan, waiting for him to move first but Jeonghan isn't really moving. Jeonghan's eyes landed on Miyoung's lips and Miyoung saw it.

"What is he trying to do?" Miyoung thought to herself as she blinked her eyes twice.

"Miyoung-ah..." Jeonghan finally spoke up but his tone is serious.

"Y-yes..?" Miyoung stuttered. Jeonghan didn't say anything and just moved his face closer to Miyoung's which it made Miyoung more nervous. "Is he going to kiss me? It can't be." She thought.

When they felt their noses touch, the door opened widely by Miyoung's mother. Jeonghan and Miyoung suddenly moved their faces away and scratched their heads.

"Oh, Jeonghan. You're still here. I thought you went home already." Mrs. Jeon said, standing beside the door.

"Uhm, yeah. We just finished our homework. I'm going home now." Jeonghan said and smiled.

"It's very late now. Take care of yourself." Mrs. Jeon said as she looked at her wristwatch.

"Yes, I will. Thanks."

"Say goodbye to Miyoung now. Just see her tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow, Miyoung. Good night!" Jeonghan waved his hands.

"Uhh, b-bye. G-good night!" Miyoung said, stuttering. She can't stop thinking about what happened just now—She and Jeonghan were about to kiss. Jeonghan smiled at her then he left Miyoung's room.

Next day, the Jeon family is having their breakfast. Miyoung took a sit beside her brother and greeted everyone good morning. The incident last night, which is she and Jeonghan almost kissed, is still appearing in Miyoung’s mind. She shook her head and just started eating her delicious breakfast made by her mom.

“So, Miyoung. Did you finish your homework well with Jeonghan?” Mrs. Jeon asked as she sat infront of Miyoung.

“Ye-yes…” Miyoung stuttered. The incident last night appeared again in her mind.

“Why are you stuttering? Are you nervous that I caught you and Jeonghan almost kissed?” Mrs. Jeon asked, teasing her daughter.

Wonwoo was drinking his milk and then got almost choke after hearing what their mom just said. “Wh-what?! Almost ki-kissed?!” He asked shockingly.

“Aigoo. My daughter has really grown up now.” Mr. Jeon said.

“No! That’s not true. Don’t believe mom.” Miyoung denied. She can feel her cheeks started to heat up.

“I’m not lying.” Mrs. Jeon scoffed. “I think I just interrupted your kiss. I’m sorry about that.” She giggled.

“Mom!” Miyoung whined, trying to stop her mom from babbling about the incident last night.

“Okay, Miyoung! I’ll shut my mouth. I just found you and Jeonghan cute.” Mrs. Jeon giggled.

Miyoung just continued eating her food and then heard her brother chuckling. She just ignored Wonwoo and finished her food then after she’ll prepare for school.