CHAPTER • 9

Miyoung and Jeonghan went to the school's rooftop and ate their lunch there. While they're waiting for the bell to ring for the next subject, they just talk and talk to each other. Sharing thoughts and happenings about what happened on the past ten years.

"Were you always sad while I was away?" Jeonghan asked. It took a few seconds before Miyoung answered.

"Yeah." She answered, looking up the sky.

"Like every day?"

"Not really because I have friends who can make me happy anytime but I think of you everyday if you're doing well there in LA." Miyoung answered and smiled as she looked at Jeonghan who is also looking at her.

"Did you cry a lot?"

"Yes, I did. But that was when I was younger. As I grow up, I get used to it." Jeonghan heaved a sigh after hearing Miyoung's answer. He felt guilty.

There was a moment of silence.

"Miyoung, I am sorry I made you sad for the past ten years while I was gone. I don't want to stay there for that long but my family got a problem. So it re-"

"It's okay, Jeonghan. You don't have to be sorry. I understood everything." Miyoung cut Jeonghan's words off and gave him a warm smile. Jeonghan just nodded.

"Just like what you said to me earlier, it's okay now. You are here, you came back. I thought my birthday wouldn't be happy."

"I know you don't want any gifts on your birthday. You just want me to come back, am I right?" Jeonghan said, and then Miyoung looked at her with a confused face. She asked, "How did you know that?"

"Well, your brother told me." Jeonghan chuckled. "This must be the best birthday gift for you, isn't it?"

Miyoung just smiled and nodded her head slowly at Jeonghan's words.

"By the way, when did you come back here?" Miyoung asked curiously.

"A week ago."

Miyoung shocked, jaw dropped. She didn't expect that Jeonghan would be here already for a week. "Wh-what?! A week ago?! So that means-"

"That means I've been here for a week and was getting ready for school. That's why I couldn't reply on your messages." Jeonghan finished Miyoung's sentence.

"Ugh! Do you know how I was worried about you for not replying on my messages? I thought something happened to you, like you're sick or something." Miyoung said annoyingly and groaned, arms crossed.

"How sweet of you, Mimi. You're worried about me." Jeonghan said as he patted Miyoung's head. "Your family and I kept giving you a hint but you're too slow." He said, chuckling.

"I hate you! All of you!" Miyoung shouted and pouted. "You should have told me earlier so that I'd prepared something for you."

"It's okay, Miyoung. You don't have to prepare something for me, and your family and I planned that this will be my gift for you." Jeonghan said as he put his arms above Miyoung's shoulders. "And the letter you received yesterday was from me."

"It's from you? How? The sender of the letter knew that we had a quiz in Biology yesterday." Miyoung said, looking at Jeonghan.

"Yes, the letter's from me. I know because I just heard it from the teachers, I was in the Faculty Room when they were talking about it, and I have a copy of the class' schedule that's why I know you had a Biology class yesterday." Jeonghan explained.

"What the- so you'd been here already?" Jeonghan just nodded at Miyoung's question.

"What a cool moves you've got, Yoon Jeonghan!" Miyoung scoffed.

Jeonghan just chuckled, and then he said, "Also you didn't notice that I'm wearing the school's uniform on my selca that I sent to you earlier."

"What?! I really didn't notice that." Miyoung scoffed then she took her phone out and looked at Jeonghan's selca that was sent to her. Jeonghan is really wearing the school's uniform. Miyoung laughed, realizing that she really didn't notice it.

"That's also my another hint." Jeonghan said, chuckling.

Miyoung glared at Jeonghan before she said, "You're making me look like a fool!"

"No, I am not." Jeonghan said, laughing.

"Stop laughing! There's nothing funny." Miyoung said as she removed Jeonghan's arms on her shoulders, pretending that she's mad.

"Oh no. Did I make Miyoung mad?" Jeonghan's teasing Miyoung. He was about to hold Miyoung's hand but Miyoung suddenly moved her hands away and said, "Don't touch me!" as she stood up.

"Hey, Mimi. You missed me, do you? Why did you stand up? Are you going to walk away?" Jeonghan asked as he stood up, too, coming near to Miyoung.

"Don't come near me! I hate you." Miyoung said as she started to run around the rooftop, running away from Jeonghan. "If you catch me, I'll treat you later!" She chuckled.

"Aigoo! This girl! Does she just want to play around with me?" Jeonghan thought to himself and just chuckled at Miyoung's cute actions. "Really? Sounds good. I'm going to catch you, Jeon Miyoung!" He shouted as he started to run around the rooftop to catch Miyoung.

Their lunch time went like that, playing with each other at the rooftop. They're both happy to have fun and see each other again after a very long time.