CHAPTER • 16

A week already had passed since the dance competition. Today is Saturday, which means no classes, rest day, and you can do anything whatever you want to. Miyoung is at her bedroom, surfing the net when she received a message from Joshua.

Hey, you free today?

Before she replied to Joshua, she turned off her laptop first.

Yes, I am. Why? You want to go out somewhere, do you?

After a few seconds, Joshua replied: Yes, I want to go out… With you. Is it okay?

Miyoung chuckled and replied: Sure. I’ll just ask my brother first. Haha

Okay. If he allowed you, get ready before 11am!

After having a conversation with Joshua through phone, Miyoung went to her brother’s bedroom to ask her brother if she can go out with Joshua. Wonwoo agreed and just told Miyoung not to go home late and then she went back to her bedroom to dress up. The parents of Jeon sibling are not home, they went out together somewhere and told their daughter and son that they’ll be at home around 4PM.

Miyoung put a light make up and just let her hair down. She chose to wear something nice and simple pink dress.

After dressing up, she went to the living room and waited for Joshua.

The doorbell rang after a few minutes. Miyoung opened the door and saw the handsome Joshua wearing a blue sweater and white pants.

“You look beautiful.” Joshua said, looking at Miyoung from head to toe.

“You look handsome.” Miyoung chuckled.

“So, let’s go?” Miyoung just nodded as her response and then she went out to get inside Joshua’s car but of course, Joshua opened it for Miyoung.

Joshua started the car and headed to their first destination.

Since it is lunch time, they headed to a restaurant first which is an Italian restaurant. Joshua brought Miyoung to an Italian restaurant because he knows that Miyoung really loves pastas so that’s why he brought her there.

While eating, Miyoung thought of a topic because she really doesn’t want a silent atmosphere.

“So, why do you want to go out with me?”

“I’m bored at home. I decided to go out with you because, uhmm, you’re the closest friend to me so far.” Joshua answered as he scratched his nape.

“Oh… Why you didn’t ask Jeonghan? You’re close to him, right? And to Vernon?”

“I asked Vernon first before I asked you but he said they have a family bonding. I asked Jeonghan too but he isn’t replying to my messages.” Joshua shrugged.

“Oh, is that so? That’s okay. You can still hang out with them next time.” Miyoung smiled before she took a sip on her drink.

“Yeah, uhmm, by the way, don’t misunderstand anything. This isn’t a date… It’s just our bonding.” Joshua said and chuckled.

“I know.” They both chuckled.

After having lunch, they went to an arcade. They played lots of fun games and won some prizes like stuff toys. They spend 2 to 3 hours playing at the arcade. After having fun at the arcade, they went to an ice cream shop and bought two for them. They decided to go to the park to walk around while eating their ice creams. When they found a bench, they sat there and rest for awhile before going home.

“I really had so much fun today, Josh! How about you?” Miyoung said before licking her ice cream.

“I really had fun too. Let’s go to arcade again next time!”

“Sure, why not?” Miyoung said as she looked at Joshua and she laughed. “By the way, this looks like a date but it really isn’t because we aren’t even a couple.”

“Th-then, let’s just call it a friendly d-date I guess...” Joshua said shyly, stuttering.

Miyoung then took out her phone from her bag to see what time is it now. It is 05:20 in the afternoon. She then noticed that she has 5 missed calls from her parents and a lot of messages from Jeonghan. She opened it all and read it.

Hi Miyoung! Where are you? I’m in your house right now.  12:20PM

Your brother just left and went out with Mingyu. I’m alone here in your house.  01:04PM

Mimi, why are you not replying? Is there something wrong?  01:30PM

Miyoung-ah! Where did you go? Are you with someone?  02:10PM

Please tell me where are you and who’s with you so that I know if you’re safe or not.  02:40PM

Miyoung-ah, what time will you go home? Are you okay? I’m worried.  03:02PM

Mimi, I’ll just take a nap here in your living room for awhile. Call me when you’re on the way home.  03:10PM

Hey, Mimi! Your parents just arrived. They know where Wonwoo is because he told them but what about you? You didn’t tell your parents where you are, did you? Because they don’t have any idea where you are.  04:10PM

Your parents tried to contact you but you weren’t answering. Seriously, where the heck are you?!  04:40PM

Miyoung-ah, I hope you’re okay. Your mom and I are already making dinner so that when you get home we’ll be eating dinner already.  05:10PM

“Oh crap. Joshua, I think I have to go home now. My parents must be worried now. I missed their calls and didn’t reply to their messages. I forgot to tell them that I went out with you. I only told Wonwoo.” Miyoung said as she put her phone back to her bag.

“Oh no. They’re really worried now. Come on, I’ll drive you home!”

Miyoung and Joshua then stood up from the bench and went to the parking lot where Joshua’s car is. Joshua then started his car and drive Miyoung home.