CHAPTER • 5

Today is Saturday and Miyoung felt so happy about it because she could rest as long as she wants to.

Miyoung, who just woke up, sat up on her bed and gets her phone on a table beside her bed to see if there's a message. She sighed after seeing no messages from Jeonghan again.

He must be busy for something...

Miyoung then went to the kitchen to eat breakfast with her family. Her mom and dad greeted her a good morning, also her brother did. She sat beside Wonwoo, and started to have a bite on her sandwich.

"Miyoung-ah! Are you going out later? Let's go shopping." Mrs. Jeon asked as she sat down beside her husband.

"No, I'm not going out later and I don't want to go shopping. I just want to rest this weekend." Miyoung said as she shook her head.

"Fine. You must be tired because of school works." Mrs. Jeon sighed. "I'll let you rest this weekend but if you will go out, just tell me."

"Okay, mom."

"Oh! Mom, I almost forgot to tell you." Wonwoo said then he swallowed the food inside his mouth before continuing his sentence. "I am going out with Mingyu later. We're just going to eat together somewhere and buy something. He said he'll treat me!" He said happily.

"Aigoo. Mingyu is such a nice friend! Of course, I'll let you go." Mrs. Jeon said and smiled.

"Yah! Why Mingyu oppa is always nice to you? Tell him to treat me too." Miyoung pouted.

"We're bestfriends! That's why he's nice to me. Just like you and Jeonghan!" Wonwoo said before taking a sip of his coffee. "Don't worry, I'll tell him to buy something for you too." He smiled.

"Yey! That's why I love you, my brother!" Miyoung said happily while clapping her hands cutely then she gave Wonwoo a kiss on his cheek.

"Hey, you don't have to kiss my cheek!" Wonwoo said and touched the spot where Miyoung gave him a kiss.

"But I want to." Miyoung stuck her tongue out.

The Jeon family's breakfast went like that. The siblings were arguing with something while their parents were just watching them happily.

Suddenly, something came up in Mrs. Jeon's mind. "Miyoung-ah! Your 18th birthday is approaching. Aren't you excited?" She said.

"Not really. So what if I turn 18? I don't need any celebrations. I just want Jeonghan back." Miyoung said and sighed.

"You really miss that guy. Do you like him?" This time, Mr. Jeon asked. Wonwoo looked at Miyoung, waiting for her to answer.

"I-I don't... I just like him as a friend be-because he's very nice to me.." Miyoung answered, stuttering—hoping she won't blush at his father's question.

"Liar. You do like him." Wonwoo thought and smirked.

"Fine. If you don't want any celebrations, it's okay but I have a surprise for you." Mrs. Jeon giggled. "I mean, we have a surprise for you."

Wonwoo laughed softly and said, "I know you'll like it." He smirked.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Today is the day before Miyoung's 18th birthday. It's been a week since she didn't receive any messages from Jeonghan, so she just let it be.

Maybe he will not come back anymore. I should stop waiting for him.

"Miyoungie!"

Miyoung's thoughts suddenly got interrupted by her classmate, Seungkwan.

"You were spacing out, weren't you?" Seungkwan asked as he sat down on a vacant chair beside Miyoung's seat—which is Vernon's seat.

"I-I'm not... Just thinking about something."

"Tomorrow is your birthday, right? Why you look so down?" Seungkwan asked worriedly.

"No, I'm not. I'm perfectly fine." Miyoung said and showed him a smile. A fake one.

"Are you sure? I can cheer you up."

"I know you can cheer people up but I'm fine, seriously." Miyoung chuckled.

Seungkwan was about to say something but got interrupted by Vernon, who's now standing beside him.

"Uhm, Seungkwan. That's my seat." Vernon said as he pointed on his seat.

"Oh! Yeah. I'm sorry." Seungkwan stood up.

"It's okay." Vernon said and chuckled as he sat on his seat then Seungkwan went back to his seat.

"Oh, Miyoung-ah! Your brother gave something to me. He told me that I should give it to you." Vernon said as he handed a folded pink paper. "Someone gave that to him and asked your brother to give it to you."

"What is this?" Miyoung asked as she took the paper from Vernon's hand.

"I don't know." Vernon shrugged. "It's for you. You should unfold that paper and read it, not me."

Miyoung didn't say anything. She just unfolded the paper and read what's written on it.

   10.12.2016

Hi Miyoung! ♡
I know your birthday is tomorrow, but I just want to greet you already a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (・´з'・)
I heard you have a quiz in Biology later. I wish you a good luck! Fighting ♡

"Who's this?" Miyoung thought.