CHAPTER • 2

At home, Miyoung went to her bedroom and lie down on her bed. Wonwoo's words keep echoing in Miyoung's mind. She can't help but keeps thinking about what Wonwoo just said to her earlier.

"What if my brother is really telling the truth?"

"He's not joking, is he?"

"Is Jeonghan really coming back soon?"

Questions keep flooding Miyoung's mind.

"Aigoo! I still have assignments to do. I should stop thinking about this." Miyoung mumbled while slapping her cheeks lightly.

Miyoung's phone then rang: She received a new message. It's from Jeonghan!

I can't wait for your 18th birthday! ♡

"Shit! What does this guy mean? What's on my 18th birthday?" Miyoung groaned.

Omo! You're coming back in my 18th birthday, aren't you?

Sorry, no. 〒_〒 I'm just excited because you're turning 18 soon. :)

"Ugh! I'm expecting too much again." Miyoung mumbled.

Miyoung replied,
I hate you! :P

I love you ♡
I mean, as a friend. ・ω・

Stop it ≧ω≦

What do you mean?

I mean, let's stop texting for awhile. I just need to finish my school works. ツ

Okay. Fighting! ♡

"That's- ugh! Nevermind." Miyoung groaned and threw her phone on her side. "But when will he really come back?"

Next day. Miyoung and Wonwoo went to school together. Wonwoo felt so happy because he has a surprise for his sister on her 18th birthday. He can't wait to see Miyoung's expression.

When they arrived at school, they went to their respective classrooms and sat on their seats.

"Miyoung-ah!" One of her classmates, Lee Seokmin also known as Dokyeom, called her as he stood beside Miyoung.

"What is it now?" Miyoung asked as she looked up to face to Dokyeom who is standing beside her.

"I just heard it from someone and wanted to tell you that we have two new classmates. They both came from Los Angeles but they're Korean."

"Why you thought of telling this to me?"

"Nothing... Because you keep talking about your childhood bestfriend to us. When I heard that we have two new classmates from LA, I suddenly remembered you." Dokyeom said and chuckled while rubbing his nape.

"Oh, is that so? But have you found out their names?"

"Not yet. Why? You have a feeling that your bestfriend is one of the two new students, do you?"

"Not really." Miyoung chuckled. "That's kind of impossible."

"I don't think so." Dokyeom laughed softly. "By the way, if that 'Jeonghan' guy will come back here, please introduce us to him."

"Sure! Why not? He's a nice guy too like you guys." Miyoung smiled.

"Eyy, really? Sounds good."

Miyoung was about to say something but got interrupted by the teacher who came inside their classroom.

After an hour class in Mathematics, English is the next. Miyoung's mood lighten up because English is her favorite subject and their homeroom teacher, named Teacher Song Hakyung, is the one who teaches that subject on their class.

Before the English class ended, Teacher Song looked for the class president but he is absent so she just asked the class' vice president to come with her to the Faculty room.

"What is it, Teacher Song?" Miyoung asked once they reached the Faculty room.

"Before I tell it to you, please sit down first." Teacher Song said and Miyoung did what the homeroom teacher asked: She sat in front of Teacher Song's table.

"So... Since the president of our class is not here today, you're the first student in our class that will meet the two new transferees from Los Angeles, California. Don't worry, they're both Korean." Teacher Song started.

"That's nice." Miyoung chuckled.

"Here's the profile of one of the transferees." Teacher Song said as she handed the profile of the transferee printed on a paper.

Miyoung looked at the transferee's profile.

"Oh, it's a male!" Miyoung said, eyes are still on the papers. "Hong Jisoo is his name..."

"The other transferee is a male too. They both came from the same school, maybe they were classmates in LA and transferred here together but the other transferee's profile... I still don't have it but he said he will pass it to me tomorrow and he also told me that he will start to go to school on October 13." Teacher Song explained, Miyoung looked at Teacher Song when she heard the date.

"October 13... That day is my birthday!" She thought.

"Wow... Maybe they're friends." Miyoung chuckled softly.

"I guess so." Teacher Song shrugged. "But student Hong Jisoo will start his first day tomorrow. Please tell your classmates later!" Teacher Song smiled.

"Sure, Teacher Song. I will tell them!"

"Good. Now, go back to your classroom and tell them, okay?" Miyoung just nodded and bowed then she left the Faculty room.