CHAPTER • 12

The Jeon siblings walked together to the school. While they’re on the way, Wonwoo kept asking Miyoung questions about what happened last night with Jeonghan.

“Except doing your homework with him, what else did you two do?” Wonwoo grinned.

“Of course, we just talked about things related to school, life, and stuff.” Miyoung sighed as she rolled her eyes.

“Then what was Mom said earlier that you and Jeonghan almost kissed?” Wonwoo asked as he nudged Miyoung’s side.

“It’s none of your business, Wonwoo.”

Actually, Miyoung wanted to tell Wonwoo about it but she just doesn’t know how she would explain the whole incident because she herself doesn’t know why Jeonghan almost kissed her.

“It’s okay if you don’t want to tell me. I will ask Jeonghan myself.” Wonwoo smirked.

When the Jeon siblings arrived at their school, they went to their respective classrooms. Miyoung sat on her seat and looked at the vacant seat beside her. "Jeonghan hasn’t arrived yet." She thought.

Miyoung just put out her favorite book from her bag and read it while waiting for the class to start. After a few moments, she felt someone tapped her shoulders. She turned around and saw Joshua smiling at her.

“Hi Josh. What is it?” Miyoung asked, closing her favorite book.

“I just want to ask what you felt when Jeonghan arrived here yesterday.”

“Well, I felt happy but shocked because I really didn’t expect that he was coming back. Why’d you ask anyway?” Miyoung answered and furrowed her eyebrows.

“Nothing. Did you know that I am his closest friend when we were both in LA?”

“No. He never mentioned you to me.” Miyoung said as she shook her head.

Joshua scoffed and said, “Really? But he introduced you to me. That’s why I know you. I told you that I’m friends with the other transfer student, remember?”

—Flashback—

"Speaking of friends, do you have a special one?" Joshua asked.

"Yes, of course! I do have, but he's not here. He started to live in LA when we were both 7 years old and didn't come back." Miyoung sighed. "He told me few days ago that he will come back here very soon but I don't know when. Ten years already had passed and he's still not showing up himself to me." Miyoung pouted.

"Aww, it's okay. He will really come back soon!" Joshua smiled.

"Well, I really hope so." Miyoung smiled slightly. "How about you? You said earlier that you're friends with the other transfer student here. Is he your bestfriend? Because you were classmates at your school in LA before and transferred here together."

"I think so but his special friend studies here in this school." That's you, Miyoung.

"Oh. Really? That's very nice. By the way, what is the name of the other transfer student in our class?" Miyoung asked curiously.

"His name..? Uhm..."

Should I tell her or not?

"His name is Yo-"

Joshua's sentence got interrupted by the school's bell, signaling that the lunch time is over and they should go back to their respective classrooms for their next period.

"Thanks to the school's bell." Joshua thought.

—End of flashback—

“Oh, that. Yes, I remember. But you didn’t tell me the name, that’s why I don’t know that the other transfer student was Jeonghan.” Miyoung pouted.

“I really don’t want to tell you who it was because it’s a surprise but I got interrupted by the school’s bell, so I guess thanks to the school’s bell for interrupting.” Joshua chuckled. Miyoung did the same.

“I also know about what happened on that Junhui guy and HyoJin.” Joshua added. Miyoung frowned after Joshua mentioned Junhui and HyoJin. She suddenly remembered HyoJin if she’s doing well.

“Jeonghan told you about that too…”

“Yes, he did. I felt sad for HyoJin. Is she doing fine now?” Joshua asked.

“I don’t know either. After all what happened to them, I couldn’t contact her because I became really busy for school.” Miyoung sighed.

“Is that so? Then if you have time, go visit her. You two are close, aren’t you?” Miyoung just nodded.

Jeonghan, who just arrived, sat down on his seat. Miyoung suddenly turned back and got her book, pretending she’s busy reading. After the incident yesterday, she can’t face Jeonghan for now.

Miyoung felt Jeonghan put his Math notebook on her desk but she just ignored it and continued reading.

“You can now copy the answers that you haven’t copied last night.” Miyoung heard Jeonghan said but her eyes are still fixed on the book, trying to ignore Jeonghan.

“Why am I even ignoring him?” Miyoung thought.

“And how can you even read if the book you are reading is upside down?” Jeonghan asked as he fixed the book what Miyoung’s holding.

Miyoung mentally face palmed and blushed in embarrassment. "Damn it, Miyoung! You’re just going to pretend but you didn’t even notice the book was upside down?!" She thought.

Jeonghan chuckled at Miyoung’s reaction before he said, “You go copy now.”

At the back, Joshua was watching the best friends on his seat. He laughed softly at Miyoung’s reaction after she pretended that she was reading but failed.

“They’re really close. I hope Miyoung and I will become close friends too…” Joshua thought.