CHAPTER • 4

When their Lunch time came, Miyoung approached Joshua who sits behind her.

"Hello Joshua! I am Jeon Miyoung, the vice president of this class. Nice to meet you!" Miyoung introduced herself politely and reached her hands to Joshua to shake hands with her.

"Nice to meet you too, Miyoung." Joshua said as he shook his hands with Miyoung. Ooh, she's the Jeon Miyoung!

"Uhm, do you want to go and have lunch with me?"

"Sure! No problem." Joshua said and smiled.

Miyoung and Joshua went to the cafeteria together then they noticed that the girls from their class are looking at them while mumbling to each other but they just ignored them and looked for a table.

They started eating their lunch. It was so quiet, so Miyoung started to think of a topic because she doesn't want an awkward atmosphere.

"So, Josh... Why did you transfer here?"

"Uhm, because I just want to." Joshua answered shyly as he rubbed his nape.

"Okay... Don't be shy, it's okay." Miyoung chuckled. "By the way, is it okay if I ask you about yourself?"

"Yeah, it's okay." Joshua said.

"When is your birthday?"

"30th of December. You?"

"October 13."

"Oh. Your birthday is in next week! What are you going to do on your birthday? Celebrate with your family? Friends? Treat someone or what?" Joshua asked.

"Well, yeah. Maybe I'll just celebrate with my family." Miyoung shrugged and chuckled.

"Okay. That's nice!"

Miyoung and Joshua's conversation became fun as they kept asking questions to each other. They laughed when some of them said something funny, they also talked about their families and other relatives, likes and dislikes, and of course, friends.

"Speaking of friends, do you have a special one?" Joshua asked.

"Yes, of course! I do have, but he's not here. He started to live in LA when we were both 7 years old and didn't come back." Miyoung sighed. "He told me few days ago that he will come back here very soon but I don't know when. Ten years already had passed and he's still not showing up himself to me." Miyoung pouted.

"Aww, it's okay. He will really come back soon!" Joshua smiled.

"Well, I really hope so." Miyoung smiled slightly. "How about you? You said earlier that you're friends with the other transfer student here. Is he your bestfriend? Because you were classmates at your school in LA before and transferred here together."

"I think so but his special friend studies here in this school." That's you, Miyoung.

"Oh. Really? That's very nice. By the way, what is the name of the other transfer student in our class?" Miyoung asked curiously.

"His name..? Uhm..."

Should I tell her or not?

"His name is Yo-"

Joshua's sentence got interrupted by the school's bell, signaling that the lunch time is over and they should go back to their respective classrooms for their next period.

"Thanks to the school's bell." Joshua thought.

"Oh! Lunch time is over. We should go back to the room now." Miyoung said as she stood up.

"Yeah. You go first! I'll just go to the toilet room."

"Okay then. See you at the classroom!" Miyoung said and chuckled.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

At the classroom. Miyoung went to her seat and put out her book and notebook for the next period.

"Miyoung-ah! How was the lunch with the transfer student?" Her seatmate, Vernon, asked her.

"It was fun. He's very nice to talk with." Miyoung answered as she looked at Vernon.

"Ooh. Don't tell me you like him already?"

"No, I don't. He's handsome and nice but I didn't fall in love with him at first sight."

Vernon was about to say something but got interrupted by the teacher who came inside their classroom and started to lecture.

Classes finished. Miyoung put out her phone to see if there's any message. She sighed after she saw that she didn't receive any messages from Jeonghan.

Someone tapped Miyoung's shoulders. She turned around to see who it was.

"Yes?"

"Miyoung-ah. Can I get your phone number? If it is okay with you." Joshua asked as he rubbed his nape.

"Sure, Josh." Miyoung then gave her phone number to Joshua.

"Thanks. I'll send a message to you later." Joshua said as he put his phone inside his pocket.

"Okay." Joshua then left the classroom.

"What was that, huh? Did that guy just ask for your phone number?" Soonyoung, who popped out from nowhere, asked.

"Yes, he did. Why?" Miyoung said and crossed her arms.

"I think you are his type."

"Ya! What are you saying? It's impossible." Miyoung said as she punched Soonyoung's arm lightly. "And so what if he asked for my phone number?"

"Aww. You don't have to punch me! I'm just joking around." Soonyoung said while rubbing the spot where Miyoung hit him. "But it's possible, Miyoung. You are beautiful, smart, and a very hard working girl. You are definitely his type!"

Miyoung can't help but blushed at Soonyoung's words. She said, "Just stop, Soonyoung. There are more beautiful girls out there!"

"Aigoo~ Fine. I'll stop." Soonyoung said and chuckled. "Oh! I almost forgot. I should go now because I still have practice with my dance team." He said as he looked at his wristwatch. "Bye Miyoung!"

"Bye Soonyoung! See you tomorrow." Miyoung said while waving her hands then Soonyoung left the room.