Part 5

"Nice place" Madhu appreciated as she looked around the posh restaurant. 

"You used to come here? Often?" Madhu asked as she didn't know about this place before. For the first time she was coming to the grand restaurant as it was situated at the outskirts.

"I used to bring my girlfriends here." Rk said dryly as he leaned back.

Madhu's good mood went sour immediately knowing the fact that he had brought her to the place where he used to bring his GFs.

"You didn't get any other place to take me?" Madhu asked softly, masking her fury.

"Why? You didn't like this place?" Rk asked in wonder.

"No. Its good. Excuse me." She said & stood up.

"Where are you going?" Rk asked with a frown.

"Um... Restroom. I won't be long." She said & turned on her heel.

"Madhu! Calm down. Don't behave like a bitch with your irrational jealousy & spoil the moment." Madhu chided herself looking at the mirror in the restroom.

"Take a calm cleansing breathe." She told to herself holding her hands up & took in a deep breathe. 

Then adjusting her appearance she walked back with a smile but it faded the moment she saw a girl sitting beside her husband & talking to him so familiarly.

Madhu stood by the table & glared at the girl hoping she would leave her husband's side so that she can sit beside him.

Rk looked up at Madhu & gestured her to sit on the opposite chair. Madhu gritted her teeth wanting to give her husband a hard kick but managed to fake a smile.

"Madhu, this is Ria. My friend. And Ria, my wife Madhubala." Rk gave them the intro.

Madhu gave her a customary nod & look down at her fingers, brooding. 

"Rk, we should catch up sometime later. I need to talk to you in private." Ria said to Rk holding his hand making Madhu fume more. 

"Sure, Ria."

"Okay bye then" Ria smiled at Rk & nodded at Madhu.

"She works with you?" Madhu asked Rk once Ria had left.

"No. you place the order." He passed the menu card to her.

"You both are friends for too long? Is she your school or college mate?" Madhu probed him.

"She was my neighbor when I lived with my parents." 

"Oh!" She said & looked down at the menu card but her mind was racing something else.

"What?" Rk asked seeing her silently burning holes in the menu card with her eyes.

"Is she your ex-girlfriend?"

"Yeah!"

"Why you didn't tell me that before?"

"What's there to tell?"

"That you are still in touch with her?"

"Of course we are still friends."

"Why you two broke up?" Madhu asked curiously.

Rk sighed in irritation.

"I didn't spend time with her like other boyfriends so we had a fight & we parted our ways."

"It's not only me the poor soul, then. Someone else even had faced his unromantic nature." Madhu thoughts with a smirk.

"What?"