Part 27

"Omg! Madhu! Omg!" Radha squealed and took her daughter in law in a bone crushing hug.

"I knew it! I knew it! I noticed some changes in you. You were glowing."

"She is always glowing, mom" Rishab said nonchalantly. Madhu blushed.

"Oh God! I can't believe I am going to have my first grandchild soon." Radha cried in joy ignoring her son's annoying interference.

"Only grandchild, mom" Rishab interjected. Madhu swiftly turned her head to his side from her mother in law's tight embrace but he was looking only at his mom so he didn't notice her disapproving look to his statement.

"And you are crushing her." He reminded his mother to let his wife go before she suffocates her.

"Oh I am sorry. I got so excited." Radha said. She couldnt contain her grin. She was literally jumping like a small kid waiting for candy.

"Oh God! I forgot to ask you, did you check her health condition with the doctor? How is the baby? What month she is going on now? Did you guys take a scan? Do you have a picture of it?" Radha kept rambling.

"Stop behaving like a weirdo, mom." Rishab said placing his hand on her shoulder to stop her jumping from foot to foot.

"Shut up, Rishab. You won't understand how it feels to become a grandma." Radha cupped her face in glee.

"Calm down, mom... I know I am also happy to become a daddy but you are just going out of control. You better stop making yourself a clown." He said embarrassed seeing his over dramatic mother.

"Stop talking to me like that. I am your mother." Radha smacked her son's head as if he was 4 years old getting offended with his words. She was just showing out her unexplainable happiness and what her expressionless son will understand? She took Madhu's hand in hers

"You come with me, Madhu. I will feed you sweets." Madhu smiled and before she could walk Radha dragged her to the kitchen.

"You don't know Madhu for how long I have been waiting to hear this good news." Madhu blushed slightly.

"Here" Radha thrust a huge ladoo into her mouth. Madhu covered her mouth and tried to swallow the ladoo.

"Mom, stop torturing her." Rishab chided when Radha took another ladoo to push into Madhu's already full mouth.

"Motichur ladoo with ghee is good for her health."

"I am sure she will throw up everything she had eaten for lunch if you keep feeding her too much. I want her to keep whatever little she ate."

"Okay. Then you eat." Radha shoved a much bigger ladoo into his mouth making him groan. He was never fond of sweets.

"Now, tell me what the doctor told?"

"Everything is normal, mom. Your grandchild is healthy. Oh I am actually 22 days pregnant so the doctor said it will be advisable to take the first scan after ten days."

"Oh! Just 22 days? It's too soon. I don't want you to tell anyone about your pregnancy and I want you to be careful. No stress. No strain. Okay?" Radha ordered strictly. Madhu nodded her head with a soft smile.

"Mom, stop scaring her. Madhu, you be normal. That will do. Women have been having babies since the beginning of time so you have nothing to worry and nothing is complicated. Everything is easy okay?" Rishab said to his wife placing his hand around her waist and drawing her closer to him. How can he be always calm and in control? Is there a time ever his controlled slipped away? May be when I was in hospital. She thought so amazed about her husband's cool side.