Part 30

"Mrs. Kundra, are these the two who kidnapped you?" Rishab asked showing two criminals' photos. Madhu turned his laptop to her side and closely scrutinized the images. 

Rishab wanted Madhu to identify the criminals though he was already sure they were the ones who kidnapped her as the case record speaks clearly. He said he will come home and show her the photos but she insisted she will come to the station as she was on her way to her office. 

"This is Balraj... with thick beard" Madhu pointed the first photo. "And this guy is Bujang." She said with disgust and anger. "This scar in his left side cheek... I left the scar in his face." For her he was the worst among the two. He molested a 7 years old child. The bas***d! She wished she had stabbed his gut instead of just scrapping his cheek. 

"You did that to him?" Rishab asked her in surprise. 

"Yes. I... He was trying... you know..." she looked up at the other police guy standing beside the table and looking at her with interest. She felt uncomfortable and squirmed in her seat. 

"You wait outside for a minute." Rishab ordered to Inspector Joshi. He nodded and walked out of Rishab's room. 

"When he was trying to do whatever shit he wanted to do to me I took hold of a broken piece of tile from the floor and I scratched it in his cheek making him bleed. He got so mad and he slapped me and made me drink some cheap alcohol and again he forced himself on me before Balraj intervened and took him out of the room." 

"Oh but you didn't tell about this in your therapy session?" he asked curiously though he was impressed of her act.

"I don't know. May be that incident just slipped out of my mind. Only now seeing his scar I could remember my handy work." She chuckled. 

"Hmm... okay. Joshi!" he called back his inspector.

"Joshi, did you trace any information of these two after they got released from prison after their punishment period?" Rishab asked Inspector Joshi. 

"Yes, Sir." Joshi produced the report in front of him. Rishab opened the file and took a quick glance of it. 

"This can't be true." Rishab muttered as he placed the file back on his table and ran both his hands through his hair and sighed looking upward. 

"What?" Madhu asked. "If you don't mind can I see the file ACP, Sir?" she asked softly. 

"They are dead" Rishab said what he discovered from the report. "As per the records" 

"No" Madhu denied. "They are alive. I am sure." 

"How can you be so sure?" Rishab asked. Even his gut instinct said they were alive. His instinct rarely goes wrong.

"That day in the party... I felt like I was being watched. I thought I was just being paranoid & let it go... but then in the restroom... I heard the whistle sound. Balraj used to whistle exactly in that tune. He is alive!"

"But Sir, this report says they both died in a car accident soon after they got out of prison."

"I can see that, Joshi. But one can easily fake their death... And this death certificate can't be an ultimate evidence."

"So you mean to say they are living... "

"Yes and messing with me and my family." Rishab said bunching his fingers like a ball.

"Can I check the file in detail only if that's okay with you, Sir?" Madhu softly asked again to see the file. 

"Go ahead" Rishab forwarded the file to her. She smiled at him politely and took the file and closely studied in detail. Something caught her attention.