Part 26

Rishab was sprawled on the sofa lost deep in his thoughts. Madhu was lying partially on top of him, their legs entangled as she dozed off on his chest.

"Iss..." Madhu winced in pain when he unknowingly pulled her hair which he was twisting with his fingers.

"Sorry" he whispered and released the strand of hair tangled in his fingers and brushed it off her face and settled it behind her ear.

"What are you doing?" she asked lifting her head up and looking at his face.

"Thinking"

"Thinking? About what?" she asked curiously.

"Thinking what to cook for dinner." he said with a teasing glint. He was actually thinking about the therapy.

"Oh. I'm hungry" she said rubbing her tummy.

He chuckled. "Your little tummy is always hungry."

"I don't know why?" she blushed."Shall we order pizza? I feel like eating it"

"Okay." He grabbed his phone from the coffee table beside the sofa and placed home delivery order.

"You really want to be in the therapy session?" she asked him hesitantly.

"Yes"

"But why? I feel it would be better for you to be not presented there in the therapy session"

"Why you say so? What are you scared about, Madhu?" he asked taking her in between his hands looking intensely at her eye trying to fathom out her thoughts.

"Nothing." she whispered looking away from him and laid her head back on his chest. "I just don't want you to be presented there. Try to understand me, please, Rishab" She pleaded softly not daring to look at him fearing her eyes would give away her actual fear. He didn't want to push her further. He was glad she agreed for this therapy so he reluctantly agreed to her plea "Okay" he said.

"Thank you." She peck on his lips. He smiled. I have my ways to know what you discuss in the therapy session, Madhu. He thought.

"So I am one of your coping techniques huh?" he asked to break the silence floating around them.

"Hmm... you help me. Sex with you helps me sleep well without nightmare..."

"I'm just glad you didn't tell my friend that Sex' helps you to keep yourself away from your nightmares. If you had then it would have been so embarrassing" He snorted. She laughed.

"It must be the pizza guy." Rishab said hearing the door bell. "I will go answer the door. You set the plates." He helped her up and then walked towards the door.

"You want coke or orange juice?" Madhu asked shaking the coke tin and holding the carton of orange juice as she stood with the refrigerator door open.

"Coke, please" he said as he opened the pizza boxes for them to eat.

"Here, your veg pizza" he pushed the box to her. She took a slice and placed it on her plate and squeezed excess ketchup on her pizza. She loved to lick ketchup like small kids whereas he distaste ketchup but he never commented on her eating habits.

She took a bit of her pizza and placed it back on her plate and gulped down the water from the glass.

"What?" he asked as he ate his BBQ chicken pizza.

"Too much of ketchup." She pushed that slice aside and took another fresh piece from the box and took a bite of it without ketchup. She put down that slice aside too and drank a slug of orange juice.