Part 23

Madhu half opened her sleepy eyes and turned her face to the other side when sun kissed right on her eyes.

A smile formed on her face seeing her husband sleeping so close to her, breathing on her neck. His left arm was loosely wrapped on her chest. 

Gently she brushed the shock of hair off his eyes and slowly weaved her fingers through his hair.
"You need a haircut." Madhu whispered. 

"Hmm..." he groaned and turned his face away from her. 

"My Mr. Grumpy" she chuckled. She laid on the bed wide awake for few more minutes thinking about yesterday's event. They were close to death. She shuddered at that thought and choked in her own breathe. 

She felt a hand rub against her soft tummy. It was her husband. Even in his sleep feeling her shudder he was trying to calm her down. Aww...sweet! Her sudden heavy rise and fall of her chest got normal and she felt safe and protected lying beside him. 

She sat up on the bed taking his hand off her belly and clamped it closer to her chest. 

"Madhu, dare you think disturbing his sleep. Let the poor soul sleep for some more time." she chided herself in her head. "Now, take your pretty little ass to the shower, get ready and go down. You are at your parents in law place and they will expect their daughter in law to rise up early in the morning and cook breakfast for them." she reminded herself. Times like this only she will miss her home because it will be just the two of them and they can do whatever they please. She loved sleeping late after watching a movie till one in the morning as she waits for her husband to return home and they go to bed together, sometimes they simply go to sleep as soon as they hit the bed and sometimes they make love till they pass out. She loved to wake up late in the morning to the smell of delicious food cooked by her husband. At times she wondered how efficiently he manages both work and home. 

"Madhu... stop there. You are getting late." she reminded herself again. 

"God, I don't want to get out of the bed. I just wanna snuggle and sleep with my husband." she whined loudly. 

"Then sleep" Rishab said and pulled her down by her waist. 

"Hey, you up?" she asked. He didn't open his eyes but he just held her waist. 

"You don't get up. You go back to sleep. Just let me go so I that I can shower and go down to make breakfast for us. Oh wait, tell me what you want me to prepare for breakfast? Dosa or Paratha? Hmm... I better do upma for all. It's simple and quick. Rishab, will your parents eat upma?" she kept talking nonstop and he didn't bother to reply to her. 

"Hey, I am asking something. Answer me?" she shook his arm waking him up. 

He raised up his upper body a little balancing his weight on his elbows as he looked at Madhu and blinked his eyes twice. 

He looked so cute with sleepy eyes and messy hair. 

"What?" she asked confused. 

"Do you have any grudge on me, Madhu?" he asked her softly. 

"No, baby" Madhu shook her head and caressed his cheek, scraping his stubble. 

"Do I treat you bad in anyway?" 

"No, baby" Madhu said wondering why he was asking such strange questions. 

"Are you angry with me?" 

"No, baby" she said, now cupping both his cheeks with her hands and placing a kiss on his forehead. 

"What's wrong? Why you are asking me such strange questions?" Madhu asked looking straight at his eyes as worry edged her doe eyes.