Part 36

Hi guys! After a long time I am back with an update. A short update (just 2600 words) as didn't have the time or mood to write a long one. Lol!

This part might be little boring. Will make the next part better.

Happy reading!

(No time to proofread so excuse the errors)

Part - 36

"Madhu, you weren't busy at office right? As soon as I called you and asked to go shopping with me you readily agreed and now you are here with me. I hope I didn't you disturb you" Radha said to her daughter-in-law suddenly feeling guilty of inviting Madhu to shop with her. 

"No, mom. I was actually twiddling my thumb in office without any job so I was just too happy to accompany you. By the way, what you wanna purchase?" Madhu inquired. 

"I want you to help me in purchasing a saree."

"Oh. Okay. Anything special?" Madhu asked wiggling her brows.

"Mohan and I are going on a dinner date."

"Ohh... Valentine's Day special dinner huh?"

"Yes. Where you both have planned?" Radha asked like a friend rather than her mother-in-law. 

"Rishab is busy today... " well everyday!

"Oh! For him duty comes first. I was wondering why he didn't come to meet me and give his gift." seeing Madhu's frown she elaborated. "Every year at sharp twelve he will be at our doorstep knocking at the door to give me some memorable gift and wish me happy Valentine's Day. My poor boy must be really busy and he forgot I guess."

"Mom, last night Rishab and I went out for dinner and he took me to beach for a walk and there... At sharp twelve he gave me this watch" Madhu said everything in one go as if a small kid telling nursery rhymes to her teacher.

She showed her wrist so that Radha can see the watch. "Mom... I am sorry. I didn't know every year he celebrates Valentine's Day with you... I... I... I am sure he would have got some special gift for you too... Surely he will meet you this evening and give it to you... Please don't mistake him mom" 

"Madhu... Relax. I didn't ask you for any explanation. I can understand. My son got his wife now and its right to celebrate special days likes this with her than with his parents."

"Mom... I didn't know... If I had any idea about this... we would have come and met you"

"Madhu, you don't have to feel guilty. My husband did the same when we were newly married and now my son is doing it. It just shows how much he loves you and how important you are to him now." Radha said with a genuine smile. 

"So you are not upset?"

"No, not at all, besides I have a romantic husband unlike yours so I am sure we will have a better dinner date than yours. And my husband has better taste when it comes to selecting gifts. Even this morning I saw him browsing for some necklace on Amazon and I bet it is to present me" Radha grinned. 

"My Rishab is not that bad mom. Even he selected gift for my liking. And I love it" she defended her husband. Though she can't argue much about her husband being unromantic she surely wanted to tell her that his choice of gift was so perfect just like him. 

"Classy watch" Radha agreed. 
Then the ladies continued with their shopping. They bought few shirts for their husbands. 

"Mom, I am hungry" she said slightly feeling embarrassed because they just had their lunch half an hour back. "I don't know why I always feel like munching something. Rishab will surely be put off seeing me gross."