Part 55

Note - I'm not at all satisfied with what I wrote. (Don't think I often say this) I am also a reader so I do know to differentiate good update and bad update. 

This part and the next part didn't come out well. 

I simply dragged... don't know why I'm even posting then, maybe because I wrote it but still if you guys feel the two updates I post now are worthless to read then do let me know (in a polite way) so that I can delete the update and post the final part which I hope will be better. 

So yeah, I'm not posting the final part now. I'm holding it for now just to know whether I should delete these two updates I post now and make the final part perfect after making few alterations. 

- - - - -

Madhu and the twins were playing catch and catch game running around the house and they were creating a huge mess by throwing cushions, soft toys, pushing chairs from one place to another blocking the way for the catcher to catch them, jumping on the bed and running from one room to the other for their escape.

Rishab stood at the center of the living area and was busily scrolling his phone while he drank his coffee from the mug. Madhu blindly came and dashed him making him drop his phone down on the floor and his coffee spilled, burning his hand.

"Oops!" Madhu covered her mouth with both her hands as she anticipated for earful of scolding from her husband. "I am so sorry" she whispered.

"You don't have sense at all, Madhu" he grunted as he shook his wrist twice before blowing cool air to ease the burning sensation.

"How many times I told you guys not to run around the house?" he asked in a pissy told darting his eyes from Madhu to his kids.

"Sorry, daddy" Veer apologized and picked up his dad's phone from the floor, wiped the screen with his shirt and checked whether it was working before handing it to his daddy.

"We were bored, daddy, so we played. Oh and it's hot outside so we couldn't go to the park and play." Little Miss. Naira said dramatically throwing her hands up in the air. Madhu laughed but stopped when Rishab gave her a steely glare.

"I never said not to play. I said not to run in the confined space. You only got hurt last time by hitting your knee on the coffee table while running right? You still haven't learned your lesson, young lady?" Rishab questioned cocking his brow up trying to intimidate his daughter but she stood unfazed.

"I was playing careful this time" she matched his gaze by lifting her chin up boldly and placing her hands on the sides of her hip. "It's your fault" she pointed her finger at him before folding her arms against her chest.

"Mine? What did I do?"

"You...you knew we were playing. You should have sat at one corner..." her arms involuntarily pointed to the beanbag placed at the corner of the living room. "...but you didn't. You stood tall like a tree rooted to the center of the house confining the already confined space." she spread out her hands and hopped on her heels to show how tall he was and how much space he had occupied. "But now you are yelling at mommy for dashing you" she sighed and shook her head muttering "Too bad, daddy". Madhu gasped in shock.

Rishab smirked seemingly amazed of his daughter's bold attitude.

"Because of you guys hot coffee spilled on my hand" Rishab accused as he showed his slightly roasted hand to his daughter to earn her sympathy and it worked. She tiptoed to look at his hand closely and seeing the redness Naira felt bad for her daddy so she took his hand with both her hands and planted few soft kisses over the burned region.