Part 15

Rk opened the wooden window welcoming the sunrays to enter the house. He turned and looked at his beautiful wife scrunching her eyes tight and continued sleeping with a frown lined on her forehead. She glowed brightly in the day light.

Rk went and sat beside her on the bed covering the sunlight falling on her face with his body so that her sleep won't get disturbed. He gently caressed her forehead with his thumb easing her frown and she smiled in her sleep.

Rk took the bottle of natural oil and squeezed some on his palm and then with one hand he rolled up Madhu's shirt's sleeve and gently applied the oil on her right arm. Her bullet wound was almost healed but still her hand wasn't functioning well which worried him the most.

He was massaging her shoulder and forearm when she suddenly opened her eyes and stared at him blankly.

"Go back to sleep." he whispered. It was too early for her to wake up. She was never a morning person and if by any case she wakes up early then the whole day she will be in a foul mood.

"Come..." she mumbled sleepily.

"Hmm...?" he asked not hearing her clearly.

"Come here, baby" she stretched her left hand and when he moved closer to her, she pulled him down to her and kissed his cheek and she whispered "Thank you."

When Rk straightened himself and looked down at her with a smile she had her eyes closed and drifted back to sleep.

--0--

"Wake up sleepy head!" Rk stroked his wife's cheek trying to wake her up.

"Let me sleep. It's still early in the morning."

"Oh no no. It's noon my dear wife. Get up. I am getting lonely here." he said with a pout which his wife hadn't missed to notice.

"Pretty please... 5 minutes."

"I made green tea for you. It will get cold if you don't wake up now."

"You please drink that green tea and make me coffee after 5... Um.. No... 15 minutes." She mumbled sleepily.

"No milk so no coffee." He reminded her. She won't take her coffee black without milk.

"Hmm... Then green tea okay..."

"Well, get up and drink. I am not making another cup for you." He pulled her up and forcefully made her sit on the bed.

"You know what? You are bad! I hate you."

"Well, last night you said something else!" He asked with a smirk.

"You too were romantic last night but now? You are back to your boring strict police officer self nah? Likewise"

"Romantic and me? What made you think so?" he asked incredulously

"Oh please! Your love proposal was the proof." she said sleepily leaning on his chest.

"You remember?"

"Of course I do." she straightened and looked at his eyes.

"I thought you were drunk." he said disappointed.

"No! Well, yes a bit tipsy... But I very well remember every single word you said to me. Why? Won't you have said those sweet things to me if you had known weren't I comatose?" She asked incredulously.

"Hmm... May be yes" he said stratching his temple.

"Why is that so?"

"I would have saved my face from embarrassment." he said dryly.