Part 44

UNEDITED!!!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Madhu was watching TV at 1 in the morning not getting any sleep without her husband in bed as he was in Pune. She missed him.

She took her phone to make a call and talk to him but stopped as it was late and she didn't want to disturb him if he was already asleep.

She felt like peeing so stood up from the bed and took two steps but stopped when a huge gush of fluid went all over the floor.

"Thank goodness! My water broke when I am out of bed otherwise I would have had to change the mattress" she said happily clamping her hands.

"Seriously Madhu? Is that your major concern? Your fucking mattress? Girl, your freaking water broke! Means you are in imminent labor! Oh god, your husband is not home. You have to get yourself to the hospital. Stay calm and be quick" her inner voice mocked, reminded and instructed her.

Madhu quickly took a pair of track pants and loose T-shirt before heading to the bathroom to take a quick shower and clean up herself.

Once she was done cleaning her up, showering and dressing, she took her mobile phone, clutch and car key.

She was about to enter her apartment elevator when something important struck her mind.

Fishes! She quickly waddled back into her house to feed her fishes.

"Babies, mommy is gonna bring your little brother and... One more little baby home. I will probably meet you guys after 3 or 4 days so till then eat well and play without fighting, okay? Mommy loves you all so much" she soundly kissed her fish tank and winced when she felt a sharp kick in her belly. Her babies were too impatient to wait till their mommy was done with her coochie cooing with her beloved fishes.

"Alright! I am taking you to the hospital. So you both better calm down and let mommy drive the car" she kept talking to her babies as she felt hard kicks.

--0--

Rishab felt so restless. He kept tossing and turning on the bed, in the hotel room. He wanted to talk to his wife before going to sleep but he refrained himself from calling her hoping she would be fast asleep by now.

He tried sleeping but it was a futile effort. He sat up and picked up his phone.

"I will give few rings and if she answers it I will talk or else I will cut the call and talk to her in the morning" he decided and dialed his wife's number.

"Rishab" she picked up in the first ring itself surprising him.

"You didn't sleep yet? Its 1.30 already... "

"Husband, listen, my water broke. I am driving myself to the hospital"

There was thickening silence from the other end.

"Rishab, you there?" she hoped he hadn't fainted.

Well, he won't faint. He is a strong man. Madhu reminded herself.

"I'm coming to Mumbai now" he said after a beat and cut the call.

"Why you cut the call when I was talking?" Madhu dialed his number again and barked at him.

"Madhu, I want you to concentrate on driving..."

"No, you talk!" she ordered and heard his audible sigh.

"Madhu..."

"Please, I am scared" she pleaded as she puts her phone in the cradle.

"Why didn't you call my parents for help? Why are you driving the car on your own? You find it hard to reach the CBA petals if you push your seat back and if you pull your seat forward your tummy will hit to the steering wheel. Why are you taking this unnecessary risk? This is your problem, Madhu, you always act in an impulse" he scolded though in a gentle tone as he packed his backpack to get going.