Part 34

She curled up on the bed like a small ball hugging her knees and she cried softly.

Not even a minute would have elapsed before she felt the other side of the bed dipping. She knew her husband was climbing up on the bed and just laid down beside her.

Rishab scooted closer and placed his stubble cheek on her soft cheek as he wrapped his arm over her arm gently. "I am sorry. I didn't mean to shout at you. I am really sorry, Madhu." he whispered near her ear. He combed her hair off her face and kissed her temple. "I am sorry, please talk to me. You can even throw things at me and I won't say anything. I swear."

She still didn't say anything but just turned around and hugged him tightly burying her face in his chest.

"Why you make me say 'Please don't cry' in every episode?" he asked and that brought a small smile on her face. She wiped her face and running nose with his shirt. He didn't feel disgusted of her doing that. He just kissed her forehead in love.

"Rishab... "

"Hmm?"

"I love our baby." she wanted to make it clear to him.

"I know, love" he kissed her head again.

"I don't like what people do or say to me. I am so frustrated. I don't know why I am taking my frustration on you. I'm really sorry" she said meekly

"Who said what? Be particular" he asked straight to point.

"My parents, your parents & my friends"

"Tell me one by one what they told you that bothered you?"

"Nothing.. forget it. They all said and did things for my goodness or for the love they have on me and this baby." she tried to brush off the topic.

"Look at me and tell what they said and did? I won't repeat myself again, Madhu"

There was a pregnant pause before she opened up. "This afternoon my mom called me and talked to me. She is doing that daily since she came to know about the baby. She told a lot of stuffs like what to eat? What not to eat? Don't wear this fabric or that fabric as it will cause some disease to the baby. And then... What else? Haan, she told me not to run fast as if I am an athlete. Not to stretch back and exercise as if I am fitness freak like you. I am sick of her advices." she sighed tiredly.

"Hey, it's normal yaar. I am sure every mother does that. She wants you to be aware of all the pros and cons you face now as this is your first time. She cares for you, Madhu, so please don't think her repetitive advices irritating or stress yourself over that but just try to understand her concerns"

"Hmm... but I don't want anyone's care and concern. If I ever expect something then it will be only from you. I expect love, care and affection only from you and you are giving me them in abundance. So I don't want anyone else to care for me. Especially not my dad's fake affection" she said like an adamant child with full of anger.

"Don't be like that, Madhu. Anger is not a healthy emotion." he said unashamedly though he had anger issues. She didn't reply.

"You spoke to your dad as well?" he asked after a minute of silence.

"Yeah. Once. He called me."

"Oh" he waited for her to tell what he said to her.

"He has the nerve to say I should better consider about joining his company at least now where he can provide a safe surrounding to me and my baby. What an irony? He will protect my child?" she seethed in anger. Sensing her distress Rishab gently rubbed her back, drawing slow circles. "Hey, calm down. I know your father is a sour topic so let's not discuss about him or what he said. Just forget it, okay?" even he will lose his calmness if they continue talking about Malik, Madhu's father so he decided to skip the topic.