Part 48

Dedicating this part to my dear sister @NILA2763 (Belated Happy Birthday dear)

- - - - -

UNEDITED so kindly excuse the mistakes!

- - - - -

"Hey, Trish... I am so happy you came" Madhu ran to her friend and hugged her.

"Even our boss Bittu and Sikky have come along with me" Trishna said and pointed her thumb behind her shoulder.

"Welcome, Sir. Thanks for coming"

"It's a pleasure dear." Bittu smiled.

"Madhuuuu" Sikky, her best friend cum colleague yelled running to her almost pushing his boss and Trishna aside in the process and pulled Madhu in his tight embrace. "I missed you so much"

"Sikky! You are crushing me!" Madhu whacked the back of his head with her hand and pulled herself away from him.

"You know what? I have good news to share" Sikky said excitedly.

"What?" Madhu asked smiling.

"Oh wait. Before that... Congrats for having twins and sorry I couldn't come and see you and yours kids before...when you were in the hospital... I was busy... dating" Sikky said unashamedly.

"Dating? Who?" Madhu frowned.

"Our Trishna" Sikky beamed and Trishna blushed.

"Omg!" Madhu darted her gaze from Sikky to Trishna and back.

"We are getting engaged soon" Trishna said.

"Wow! That's great. I am so happy for you guys." She hugged them both.

Then she turned to have a brief chat with her boss.

"So how is office going Sir?" She asked.

"Good but there is no one as daring as you to get spicy news for our press and channel" Bittu said with a sad smile. Madhu smiled.

"You are sure about your decision, Madhubala?" He asked hesitantly after Madhu served them with snacks and drinks as they three sat in the living room sofa.

"Yes, Sir"

"Don't you think you are spoiling your career?" Bittu asked. "Is there any pressure from your husband or your in-laws' side? Asking you to quit job to take care of your kids? If so I can talk to them and..."

"No, Sir, not at all. In fact my husband is not very pleased about my decision and my in-laws are always supportive. It's purely my decision. I want to be with my babies..."

"So you are gonna be a typical Indian house wife? Depending on your husband for everything?" Bittu mocked shaking his head displeased. He didn't like Madhu quitting. She was his company's priceless asset.

Madhu gritted her teeth getting so pissed hearing her boss' mean words.

"I will start working in another two or three years" she managed to say that politely.

"Oh nice, you are always welcome to rejoin in our office" Bittu offered her with a huge smile.

You wish!

Madhu forced a smile and said "Thank you, Sir" but she knew she would never rejoin 'Sakal' news channel.

"Well, Madhu, here is a small gift for your babies" Bittu took a small gift box from his coat pocket and handed it to Madhu. "I have a meeting to attend so I will get going. Text me your babies' names on Whatsapp" Bittu said and rushed out.