Part 10

"Doctor... Doctor... I want you to treat her now, this instant... she is bleeding badly..." Rk shouted at the attending doctor while running along with the stretcher on which Madhu was lying unconscious.

"What happened to her?" Doctor named Mehra asked Rk while taking Madhu to the ER.

"A bullet wound."

"Oh! Then you must inform the police first... there are formalities..." Doctor started but Rk cuts him off.

"I'm ACP Kundra... I will do all the formalities later... you just keep proceeding with her treatment." Rk ordered him & helped the ward boys in lifting Madhu from the stretcher & placing her on the operation table.

"Who shot her?" Dr. Mehra asked while the nurse beside Madhu's table cut her bloody cloths off her body.

"I... I only shot her" Rk said in a pained voice.

"You?" Dr. Mehra asked perplexed. Rk nodded again confirming him. "and she is what to you?" He asked clearing his throat.

"My wife." Rk replied, his annoyance was palpable in his tone.

"Oh! um... you please wait outside... we will try our best to..."

"I trust you, doctor... and I also know her vitals are stable... So please don't say the word "try"... You will & you have to get her well."

"How can you be so sure that her vitals are stable?" Doctor asked in a challenging tone. Rk was a police not a Doctor right?

"I'm sure because I shot her." Rk said running his fingers through his messy hair. Dr. Mehra almost wanted to laugh at him. If you shot you will know they will do good? What was the logic behind his statement? Dr. Mehra wondered. "I know where to shoot that won't be fatal." Okay! That says a lot but still with the amount of blood she had lost?

"So you purposely shot her there?"

"Yeah! I have shot her on her right shoulder... closer to her arm pit... with the way she is bleeding I am sure her bones are not smashed by the bullet... Its just a flesh wound... her breathing is steady so surely her chest is not punctured... just blood loss... too much of blood loss..." Rk gulped in fear seeing the amount of blood she had lost. Her white kurta top was completed soaked in blood. "I am worried that..." he shook his head. "No, nothing will happen to her... I want you to take the bullet out as soon as possible, doctor & stop her bleeding... and just make sure she doesn't get wound infection... "

Dr. Mehra gave Rk a surprised look. Rk didn't let him say anything but like a trained doctor he assured himself that nothing will happen to his wife.

"Surely you know what you are talking, young man." Dr. Mehra smiled at Rk & patted his shoulder affectionately. "Don't worry, your wife will be fine."

"I know..." Rk whispered looking at his beautiful wife. Yeah she still looked beautiful in her tear stained pale face. "Oh and she will be needing at least two units of blood... we both share the same blood group O-ve"

"So you are willing to donate blood?" Dr. Mehra asked.

"Of course I will give my life to save her." Rk said matter-of-fact "look, I am not in the influence of alcohol or I don't have any chronological disease so I am fit to give blood to her." Rk said like a rapid fire.

"Well, good then..." Dr. Mehra said & then instructed a nurse named Stella to take Rk with her & collect 2 units of blood from him.

"Mr. Kundra, you please go with her..." Dr. Mehra advised Rk to leave Madhu's side then only he can go ahead with her treatment. Rk nodded his head & giving a gently squeeze to her hand, whispering "You will be fine, biwi" and then he walked out of the ER.