Part 58 (Final Part)

Note - Please don't expect too much logic! It's just a pure work of fiction!  

- - - - -

Rishab spotted a lady clad in black knee length dress walking towards their table waving her hand at them.

"Hello, Mr. Kundra. Mrs. Kundra" the lady greeted them with a delightful smile. Rishab recognized her in a blink but Madhu looked utterly clueless.

Is she my husband's yet another ex-girlfriend or something? Madhu suspected with jealousy spinning in her mind as she sized the lady standing too close to her husband. She looked talk and gorgeous. Her face looked vaguely familiar but still Madhu couldn't tell who she was, maybe she could if the lady had taken her shades off.

"It's a pleasure to see you after all these years." The lady said.

"Likewise, Dipali" Rishab smiled and gestured her to take a seat opposite to them.

"Ohh ohh!" Madhu said out loud remembering Dipali, the stalker who broke into their house twice and tried to kill her but ended up shooting her husband's arm.

"How are you doing?" Rishab asked politely.

"I'm good. And I can tell you guys are good too, happily celebrating your wedding anniversary here in this beautiful place"

"How do you know that?" Madhu asked curiously.

"Trust me, this time I didn't use a bug to hear your conversations secretly. I was just watching you two from the counter exchanging gifts and when I asked what's going on here to the waiter he said whatever little he overheard from your phone conversation with your kids he presumed"

"Oh. So you work here?" Madhu asked.

"No, actually it's my restaurant. I own three more hotels and resorts and a spa here in Mauritius." Dipali said proudly.

"Oh that's great" Rishab felt honestly happy for her. He never held any grudge or ill feeling on Dipali for what she did to him and his wife. He absolutely understood her reasons behinds her wrong deeds and felt only sympathy and compassion for her.

"As soon as my husband recovered from coma and got discharged from the hospital, we relocated to Mauritius to start a new life leaving behind our dark past. I sold Purple Orchid Hotel, Mumbai and all the other properties I solely inherited and with that money we setup hotel business here and by God's grace it's going good."

"That's really an impressive comeback, Dipali" Madhu adored her for what she achieved now despite of facing shit in her early life.

"Thanks to you two for giving me a chance to change" Dipali laced her fingers together and thanked them wholeheartedly.

"Hey, c'mon. Please, don't do this" Rishab pushed her hands down to rest on the table, not liking her thanking them. They didn't do anything big, just forgave her and let her live her life. Dipali nodded and dabbed the corner of her eyes with a tissue she grabbed from the table.

"Sushant!" Dipali called her husband who just entered the restaurant carrying a little boy of 3 years in his arms. "C'mere"

"What's it, babe?" Sushant walked to his wife with a loving smile not noticing the couple sitting on the table opposite to his wife.

"Look who we have here?" Dipali pointed to Rishab and Madhu.

"Police officer, Rishab Kundra, right?" Sushant asked though he was sure he was right. How could he forget the man who arrested him on his wedding night?

Rishab nodded. Madhu waved at the little boy in Sushant's arms who was smiling adorably at her.

"Good to see you here, Sir" Sushant said and held his hand out for a shake and Rishab took it. "Hello, ma'am" Sushant smiled at Madhu and she reciprocated it.