Part 19

"You didn't answer me."

"What are you doing here? At this time? Who's that guy with you? He doesn't look fine. He looks like a criminal."

"I asked the question first. I won't repeat it again, Rishab. Who is Pam?"

"She works with me. She is Sub-Inspector Pameela"

"You better stay away from that Parasite!" Madhu ordered.

"Stop behaving like a typical jealous-wife and tell me what's wrong?"

"I came here to file a complaint."

"What happened?" Rk asked and Madhu briefed him.

"I told you to go by car but you won't listen to me ever." Rk growled at her.

"I like my Scooty." she said in her defense.

"It's not safe, Madhu. See, that bloody moron stopped you and threatened you for money. If you were driving car this wouldn't have happened."

"No guarantee. All these criminals have their own ways to stop a car and attack. What if he had punctured my car and got me out of it? What if he had thrown himself in front of my car... What if..."

"In such case you could have just ran over him."

"That's wrong."

Rk couldn't argue with his stubborn wife.. "Good thing you had the common sense to carry your gun."

"Thanks to you"

"Come, I will take you home."

"I haven't given my statement about the incident."

"They will handle him." He referred to his other police guys on duty.

"I don't want you people to put fake cases on him. He is not that bad. He did a small mistake to save his family."

"How do you know all this?"

"He told me."

"You were conversing with a criminal."

"Rishab! Keep him in the lockup for few days and release him. I told him I will find him a job in my office... Say like a tea boy I can appoint him."

"Madhu you are out of your mind..."

"I am leaving home. Bye."

"Hey! I haven't done talking with you."

"But I am done. I am tired. I want to go home." She said and walked out of his cabin. She head straight to the cell were the guy was kept in lockup.

"What's your name Robber?"

"Rahul, madamji"

"Rahul." She tested his name. "Hmm... Such a heroic name. You should do good things like heroes not these bad things. Okay, forget it. I told my husband about you..."

"Madamji, please take me out. These people will kill me."

"They won't. Once you are out of punishment you know where to come and meet me but promise me you will change and be a nice man and work for your family."

"I promise, madamji." He cried emotionally.

"You have phone number?"

"My wife has a cell phone."

"Give the number. I will inform your wife..."

"Don't tell I am locked up in police station. This is my first failed crime. She will be so disheartened if she comes to know that I stooped so low to earn money."