Part 11

(A week later)

"Finally!" Madhu sighed as she stepped into their apartment.

"Back to the place where you belong" Rk smiled as he lead her to the couch.

"I was getting sick staying at hospital for one whole week." Madhu said dreading the time she spent in the hospital looking at the white walls. Of course her husband was by her side all the time but being a silent guy he didn't talk much to her. He had a guilty look on his face every time he saw his wife in pain. She tried her best to hide her pain for his sake not wanting to make him more guilty but at times she couldn't help but cry in pain when the doctors had to dress up her wound or when the physiotherapist massage her right hand.

"I'm sorry" Rk whispered taking her face in his hands & circling his thumbs gently over her cheeks. His guilty look was back on his face again. He felt so sorry for the pain his wife was going through because of him.

"Rishab, you don't have to feel guilty. I brought this to myself. I'm responsible for your suspension." Madhu held her head down in hurt.

"Why you didn't listen to me, Madhu?" Rk said putting his head in his hands and then he rubbed his face to hide his anger.

"Rk, I thought I will lose my job if I hadn't gone there to interview Dutta" Madhu said gulping down her saliva.

"Your f**king job is more precious than your f**king life?" Rk asked in disbelief. "And what the hell is there to interview that criminal? Is he a celebrity?"

"Rishab, please don't shout at me." She looked like she will burst out crying.

Rk sighed & stood up walking to the kitchen to get a bottle of water for himself.

"Get me some water too." Madhu shouted from the living hall. Few seconds later Rk walked back with a bottle of water & passed it to her.

"I will make dinner for us. You go take rest." He said in a much softer tone.

"I will help you." Madhu offered pushing her body up from the couch with the help of her left hand. She had a sling bandage on her right hand.

"You do all the chopping & I will cook." Madhu said quickly when he started to protest.

"What you wanna eat?" Rk asked.

"Fried rice." she asked wagging her brows looking so cute with an adorable smile. Rk strolled closer to her & took her face in his hand & kissed her forehead surprising her. Her stood blushing while he went to chop the vegetables.

"Isshh" Rk winced when he cut his finger with the knife accidentally while slicing carrot.

"Hey, what happened?" Madhu asked turning to his side. He kept his bloody finger under the running water washing the blood & then he put his finger in his mouth giving pressure on the place where he cut his hand.

"Why can't you be careful, Rishab? This is not the first time you are slitting your finger. Every time you chop veggies you will shed blood. If you find that task tricky why the hell you do that? ACP sir can throw and shoot but can't even cut vegetables without cutting his fingers. It is actually my fault, I shouldn't have allowed you to do chopping..."

"Shut up!!!!" Rk shouted at her making her jump. "Look at my finger. For this small cut you are ranting at me as if I had stabbed my chest but how should I react for your recklessness?" he asked.

She didn't have any answer so she went silent looking down at her feet. Rk shook his head & again started chopping.

"Be careful, okay?" she whispered. Rk glared at her but didn't utter a word.