Part 8

Rishab was watching news on TV when Madhu came from the bedroom & sat beside him on the couch.

"Here" He passed her the remote as it was time for the serial she religiously watches. Madhu was about to take the remote but then remembering Trishna's words, she stopped.

"No. You watch news." Madhu said & snuggled up against his chest. He didn't know whether he was surprised that she didn't want to watch serial or with her getting close to him, physically.

"But you watch serial daily at this time nah?" He asked her confused. Though he never liked her watching serials he never stopped her. He used to give her the space to watch her serials & get himself busy with his work.

"I quit." she muttered

"Why?" Rk asked tipping her chin up from his chest to look at her eyes. She shrugged & released her head from his hold & again rested it back on his chest nuzzling him softly. He smelled of body wash. He smelled of his unique scent which intoxicated her.

Rk shook his head at her strange behavior & changed the channel to the one in which her serial runs.

Madhu slowly took a peek on the TV when she heard the serial title song played. Then she chided herself mentally for taking a glance at the serial & shifted her position facing away from the TV.

"I know you want to watch the serial. Then why are you stopping yourself?" Rk asked placing his hand on her stomach, caressing it without his knowledge.

"No!"

Sighing Rk switched off the TV.

"Is something bothering you?" Rk asked picking her up & placing her on his lap. She curled up small in his lap.

"No. Why do you ask that?"

"You aren't very talkative, lately." Rk said with a shrug. She was never like this before.

"You don't like me talking much right?" she asked in an accusing tone as she toyed with his T-shirt button.

"Who said?" Rk asked arching his brow.

"You always tease that I am a chatterbox nah? Even the other day when Sultan & his men abducted me you asked them to shut my mouth..."

"That's because I want them to remove your blindfold. Well, that was really a lame try but those fools really did what I had expected. They removed your blindfold & stuffed it in your mouth." Rk said with a smirk.

"Oh!" Madhu smiled.

"And of course you are a chatterbox. No question about that but I like you the way you are."

"Really?" she asked with a smile.

"Really! I like chirpy, Madhu." Rk said nonchalantly. She blushed & hide her face in the crook of his neck.

"You know I talk little but that's the way I am made. You can ask my mom how I was when I was a small boy... I was never loquacious." Madhu fondly smiled imagining how her husband would look as a small boy. "...I never mingled much with people. Sometimes my parents feel if I wasn't an only child I would have not become the way I am... but I guess that's not the reason."

"Even I am an only child." Madhu reminded him. "And I am so not like you."

"Yeah!" he nodded at her. "I was always a loner & I liked it... that kept me focused."

"Hmm... So you trying to say that you are not focused now? That I am distracting you?" she asked jokingly.

"No, silly. I'm still focused & in control only..."