Part 46

(UNEDITED)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Babies, we are home!!!" Madhu shrieked getting super excited of bring their babies to their home for the first time.

"Voice down. You are startling them, Madhu" Rishab said feeling his little girl jerk in his arms hearing her momma shriek.

"Oops! Sorry" she said and stuck out her tongue childishly.

"Grow up, kiddo" He teased his wife.

Madhu pouted her lips.

"Come, I will show our kids room"

"You decorated it?" Madhu asked surprised.

"Yep!"

"When?"

"Last weekend"

"Oh. You got soft toys and cloths for our baby girl?" She asked though she knew he would have.

"Yeah. I did but only little. I didn't get much time. We should go shopping later and get more stuff for her just like we got for our son."

"Good thing we didn't paint the room all boyish." Madhu couldn't stand the smell of paint when she was pregnant so she didn't let him paint the walls.

"Yeah!" He suddenly frowned. "Did you know the other baby's gender at the time when you stopped me from painting the nursery blue?"

"No, I didnt, I swear. And that's one of the reasons why I didn't let you paint. I was secretly hoping the other baby was a girl."

"Oh" he believed her.

"What color you have finalized and painted?" She asked. "I hope it's some neutral color" she added.

"You will see" he held her arm to drag her to their babies' room. He was too excited to show it to her and hoped she would appreciate his effort.

"Wait. Before that I have an important thing to do"

"What?" He asked with a frown almost guessing what it was. Fishes?

"Bring her here, Rishab." She ordered when he stood at a distance holding his daughter. Reluctantly he walked closer to the fish tank fixing his eyes on his daughter.

"Babies (fishes), meet my babies" she said and looked down at her son. He yawned cutely and turned his face away from the fish tank, disinterested and shut his eyes feeling sleepy.

"That's like my boy" Rishab grinned proudly.

"That's like my girl" Madhu matched his proud grin because their daughter was trying to reach the fish tank by stretching her little hand. She had her eyes transfixed on it.

"Enough! Let's go see their room and put them to sleep on their new crib" Rishab said not liking his daughter getting attached to fishes. When he turned away she started crying.

"Rishab, don't make her cry" Madhu chided him. He looked at her in disbelief. What wrong he did that made his daughter cry? He wondered.

"Don't take her away from her friends"

"What?" He yelled. He couldn't stay forever holding his daughter near the fish tank, could he?

"Voice down! You are startling our babies" she threw his words back at him. He rolled his eyes.

"These stupid fishes are her friends?" He made a face.

"You better take your son and go to the room. I will give my daughter a proper introduction to her friends. She didn't even know her friends' names" Madhu said and quickly exchanged the babies. Rishab shook his head and took his son to his room. Rishab didn't want his son to sleep before seeing his room which he painstakingly decorated.