Part 22

Rishab walked into the bedroom and stood by the door way holding the door. He looked at his beautiful wife sleeping peacefully on the bed hugging a pillow.

He locked the door behind him and headed straight to the bathroom to take his shower.

He stripped his clothes and stood under the shower facing the wall and placing his hands over it.

He closed his eyes tightly and tilted his head up letting the water run over his face and body.

He hoped the cold water gushing over his body will cool down the blazing rage building in him but it wasn't helping him.

"No, I can't calm down till I hunt down and kill the person who is behind the life of my wife." He said to himself gritting his teeth and banged his fist hand against the wall.

"I will protect you, Madhu. I won't let anything happen to you." He silently vowed and stepped out of the shower and took a towel from the shelf and wrapped it around his waist.

He didn't bother to dry his hair.

He just walked out of the bathroom and went to the closet to take out his track pants and put it on.

He sat on the bed with his legs down touching the floor and his hands gripping the edge of the bed tightly as he bristled in anger.

He glanced sideways feeling his wife stirring in her sleep.

He kept still so that she won't get up from her sleep.

He watched her closely and found her crunching her forehead as she had a very disturbed sleep.

Her hand searched for something beside her, probably her husband so Rk held her hand.

He caressed her cheek gently with his knuckles and with his thumb he eased the frown marring her forehead. Once she settled back to a normal sleep he stopped caressing her and turned away leaving her hand he was holding.

He couldn't lie down and sleep. His mind was preoccupied. He was just recollecting the day's event. He had seen some stranger entering the apartment through the surveillance camera but he couldn't see his face clearly as he had his hoodie over his head and his gaze was down cast. He rested his chin at the L' of his thumb and index finger and shut his eyes tightly replaying the footage in his head.

He wanted some hunch which could lead him to the next level. "Who is that guy? Is he working for someone? If so then for whom? Or Am I just reading too much? Could it be anyone else than the one I figured from the CC TV footage? No, it can't be. He was the only one who entered the apartment just an hour before the incident happened in the elevator. He walked out talking to someone over the phone once the elevator crashed down the ground floor. It was all recorded in the CC TV. So he should be the one. I should get to him before it's too late." Rk decided.

He took out his phone and looked at all the pictures in his gallery. He had asked his trusted policeman Joshi to send the entire footage in snap shots so that he could zoom it and try find for some clue.

He was deeply immersed in checking all the picture and he didn't realize his wife was up.

She looked around sleepily and found her husband scrutinizing his phone. She sat up and slowly crawled to his side and from behind she stretched her legs and wrapped it around his stomach and hugged his chest with her hands. She placed her cheek at his back. Her eyes fell on the burns on his right side shoulder and hand. She raised her head up and kissed the corner of the still fresh burn.

Rk shut his phone screen the moment he felt her getting closer to him. He stayed still letting her to make her move. He loved her touch, so soft and warm. He felt himself getting calm and his stiff muscles loosened. He felt the irritation from the burn get ease out with her soft kiss.