Part 20

Madhu sleepily snuggled closer to her husband and Rk gave room to her to lay her head on his chest and wrapped his hand around her back.

"When did you come?" Madhu asked as she planted a kiss on his chest.

"Hmm?"

"Rishab?" she shook his shoulder.

"Half an hour back" Rk mumbled sleepily.

"What time is it now?"

"6.30 AM"

"Oh... So full night you weren't home?"

"Hmm..."

"At what time you have to go to work?" She asked leaning up and looking at her half sleeping husband

"Sleep, Madhu." He pulled her down.

"You are taking the day off?"

"No. Evening I will go to station. I need some sleep to catch up." He said tiredly.

"Oh. Then I will take half day off & be with you." She said excitedly.

"Hmm..."

"You are not happy?"

"Don't disturb me."

"You want me to go to office? So that I won't disturb you?" she asked incredulously. He didn't reply.

"What you will have for breakfast." She pestered and nuzzled his chest.

"I will wake up only by lunch time so no need to bother cooking breakfast for me." He answered in a dry tone and yawned.

"No. You can't skip breakfast. You eat and sleep." She said stubbornly.

"First let me sleep." He growled at her for constantly poking him.

"You want me to shut my mouth?" she asked with a pout.

"You want me to say it out loud?" He asked back with his eyes closed but his facial expression clearly said he was beyond annoyed.

"Did you find anything about the kidnapper guy? And who is that girl?" she asked suddenly remembering about last night's incident.

"I will tell everything later."

"Please tell me nah? I couldn't sleep last night in this tension. I am just curious to know who that girl is." She said and bit her lower lips with a curious frown.

"I don't think so. When I came home half an hour back you were having a sound sleep?" he mocked her.

"Rishab!"

"Madhu, please. Stop annoying me."

"Now I am an annoying wife to you?" she asked getting upset.

"Not now but always." He said looking at her eyes. "Got it?" he tapped her little head and then he closed his eyes going back to sleep.

"You... You... I hate you." Madhu said and slapped his chest with her hand hardly and winched in pain. Rk quickly sat up on the bed when she cried, gone was all his fatigue but replaced with only worry.

"You okay?" He asked in concern holding her right hand.

"Do I look like okay?" She shouted at him angrily with tears welling up her eyes.

"I am sorry." He gently rubbed her right hand. "There is no need to go all violent, okay? You only will get hurt." Rk said.

"Am I really annoying?" She asked sniffing.

"No, baby" he kissed her forehead making her smile in relief.

"Okay good. Now let's sleep" she chastely kissed him before pushing him back onto the bed and she too lied beside him and hugging each other they went back to sleep.