Part 31

"Hey calm down." Trishna said softly. "He must be busy and running short of time so he couldn't talk all sweet and lovey dovey now." 

"He never does sweet talks!" 

"Oh!" Trishna didn't know what else to say. 

Madhu closed her eyes and took a deep breath. 

"Just give me a second." Madhu took her phone again and dialed Rishab's number. She walked a little away from the table leaving Trishna behind as to talk with her husband in privacy.

"Hello... "

"I am sorry, Rishab. I was upset. I shouldn't have hung up on you." she apologized

"It's okay."

"I met with the doctor." she started softly. "Took my first scan. Baby's growth is normal... Oh and only one baby... " she could hear his visible sigh. 

"Do you know the gender?"

"Doc. said it's too soon to tell. It won't be accurate."

"Hmm... How is your health?" he asked her in concern 

"Yeah good. Doctor suggested me to put some weight & not to stress too much. That's all."

"Oh. I have been telling you to stop worrying unnecessarily but you won't listen to me. " Rishab sighed. She remained silent.

"Um... Madhu...You there?"

"hmm..?"

"I am stuck to work. The work pressure is building up & I am so stressed... I know I am not spending proper time with you... I am sorry... "

"I understand, Rishab. Take care." she said. He sighed in relief. "But how long things will go like this?" she couldn't help but ask.
"I don't know... "

"hmm... I miss you." 

"I miss you too." then they stayed on line without speaking. 

"So that's all? You have anything else to say?" he asked wanting to prolong the conversation.
"Will you be coming home tonight?" 

"Daily I am coming home. Don't you know that?"

"Yeah you do. I know. I mean for dinner will you join me?" she asked hopefully. 

"I will see." he said but he couldn't make it to the dinner that night as well like the other few nights. Madhu had a little of whatever food she specially prepared for the night and rest she packed and threw it in the refrigerator so that she can make her husband eat the next day as punishment for making her wait and not turning up in the end.

--0--

"Where are you, Madhu?" Rishab asked as soon as she picked up his call. 

"Why do you want to know that?" she asked back as she parked her car on the side of the road so that she can talk to him with full focus. 

"I want you to go home now" he commanded. 

"You can't dictate me." she snapped at him. 

"From morning you are roaming out, Madhu. Why you do this to yourself? Why don't you stay home on a Sunday and take complete rest?"

"I can't simply sit at home and stare at the four walls! And how do you know I was out all day? Are you stalking me? If so you should know where I am at the moment."

"I know you are reaching the toll gate! Why you have gone that far? What's the need? Answer me dammit!" he asked losing his patience. She had gone for a longer drive and she didn't realize she had come this far.