Mute (Tyler Joseph)

Tyler was quiet.

Very quiet.

Tyler was mute actually.

He was well liked and he was insanely smart. He loved to play music, especially the Ukulele. His best friend Josh played drums and they would always perform on the sides of the streets to make some cash. You already knew of them, but today you actually made time to go see them perform in the park. A young girl named Jenna sang and man could she sing. You went to school with her, Jenna Black. She had a mad crush on Tyler, but they never dated.

Once the music was over, everyone stood up to clap. You decided to stick around a little bit after all the people had cleared out.

"Y/N, is that you? It's been years!" Jenna called to you, wrapping her arm around your neck as you two hugged.

"Wonderful seeing you. You was amazing!" She smiled as Josh stood next to her.

"Who's this?" he asked.

"Oh, this is Y/N, he's an old friend of mine...." Tyler let out a squeak as he ran behind Josh. You all laughed, not knowing what had made Tyler so shy. Jenna laughed as she walked away saying, "I better get this stuff in the car before I leave it."

"Hi Tyler, been a minute since I seen you," you told him, but he just nodded. Tyler wasn't making eye contact with you which hurt a little.

Did you do something? Say something?

"He's normally not this shy," Josh said before Tyler tugged on his shirt, turning him around to whisper something to him. You stood there and waited awkwardly.

"Oh," was all Josh said. Tyler could talk, he just only talked to Josh.

"Y/N, would you help me get a few things into the van?" Josh asked.

"Of course." So, you helped them load a few things into their tour van as they called it. Josh crawled into the backseat and Tyler in the one near the door. Jenna hadn't returned yet so you three were alone.

"Y/N, Tyler wants to know if you'd like to go to the movies with us this Friday night?" You choked on your words making Tyler look very alarmed and concerned.

"I'm fine.... Yeah, I'd love to. Can I ask why though?" Tyler just smiled and looked at Josh.

"Look, Tyler is a really good guy. He's really always been shy around people so it's hard for him to say what he means...."

"Is this like a date?" you asked with a red face. Tyler went tomato red too.

"Uh, yeah, you can say that...."

You couldn't speak.

Tyler Joseph was gay?

Tyler Joseph wanted to take you out?

Tyler's worried face brought you back to Earth. He looked almost scared that you was gonna say no, which you wasn't gonna do that.

"I'm down for that Tyler. What time Friday?"