Prom (Tyler Joseph)

Tyler was your friend.

Tyler was your best friend.

Tyler was beautiful in every sense of the word.

However, he didn't believe it.

He couldn't see it.

Tyler was gay and shamed for it. You was gay too, but had a wonderful family who loved and supported you.

However, you wasn't out yet.

Yet.

Tyler talked to no one but Josh and you. Everyone else hated him because he was gay, they called him names because he was different, and they hit him when no one was looking. Josh fought many jocks away and so did you to protect Tyler.

Our Tyler.

Your Tyler.

So when Prom came around, You let it slip yo Josh you were gay and liked Tyler. Josh let it slip that Tyler liked you back, but didn't wanna date because he was too ugly and worthless.

So, together you thought up a plan to change that.

You both had set up a note that read 'Secret Admirer' on the envelope and placed it in his locker before he got to school. Zack brought him and dropped him off because he went to live with him. Zack was loving and treated Tyler better. So, the two of you walked with him, after waiting like usual, to his locker. When he opened the door, he saw the note and blushed.

"Is this a bomb?" he asked.

"I hope not," Josh grabbed it away, "I'll open it, okay?" Tyler nodded.

"What's it say?" you asked calmly.

"Secret Admirer, ewe, romantic.... Tyler," Josh held out the Prom ticket which made Tyler gasp.

"This-this is-is a jo-joke" Tyler stuttered which made you giggle.

"Why?" you asked.

"No one wants me," Tyler said which made your heart break.

"We'll go with you, okay?" Josh said.

"Really?" Tyler asked.

"Really."

Over the next week, you three went out shopping and Zack came too because Josh let it slip to him what was going on. Zack nearly spilled on you guys' twice so he wasn't allowed to go in while you guys shopped to keep the secret a secret. Tyler wasn't much for talking and Josh did the most for him. Josh was trying things on when Tyler caught you off guard.

"What if he thinks I'm stupid? Or I'm too weird?"

"Tyler, stop. You're none of those things. You're the most kindest person and the most humble even after what you've dealt with. I'm sure I'll, I mean, he'll like you too...." you bit your tongue and thanked Jesus he didn't hear because Josh came out asking questions about his tux.

Too close.

Now it was Prom. Josh was helping Tyler get dressed as you waited downstairs for them to pick you up. Your foot tapped nervously on the floor and your breath hitched when you heard their car pull up. Josh came through the door first and looked upset.

"Where's Tyler?" you asked.

"He's outside and he thinks he looks stupid."

"Seriously?"

Just then, the door opened and Zack walked in first.

"Got him," was all he said as he stepped away revealing Tyler. You could see tears in his eyes as he did this sort of 'whatdaya think'. You smiled and hugged him.

"Tyler, you look so good." You wanted to grab him and kiss him, but knew you'd spoil the surprise. After taking pics, you guys got in the car and drove towards the school. Tyler began to get nervous and began to shake.

"Tyler, you okay?" Josh asked.

"What-what if they lau-laugh at m-me?"

"I'll run them over," Zack said which made Tyler laugh. Josh gave you a look that said it all.

Tell him now before he throws up.

"Tyler, I have to tell you something." Tyler looks over to you with a nervous look.

"What?"

"Josh and I put the note and ticket in your locker-"

"Wait, why? Is this a joke?"

"No!" Josh called out.

"No Tyler it's not. You do have a secret admirer, but he never thought he'd ever be good enough for you ever. He loves everything about you, everything. He loves the way you smile and laugh, even the way you stutter. He didn't think he was what you wanted because you was too amazing..." Tyler now had tears streaming down his face.

"Wh-who?"

"Tyler, will you go to Prom with me?" you asked and began crying with him.

"What? You want me?" you nodded as Josh sniffled and looked away clearing his throat as you pulled Tyler close to you.

"Yes, I will. Will you go out with me Y/N?"

"Yes Tyler."

Everyone gasped as you two walked in, hand in hand. Nothing was said as you two danced to your songs. Tyler looked happy for once and at the end of the night, he kissed you. Tyler also stayed over with Josh at his place. You two fell asleep cuddled on couch until morning.