You Come Out To Your Family (Josh Dun)

Because not always is there a happily ever after with  fairy tale ending.....

Josh

I paced back and forth on my bedroom floor. He was supposed to had called me thirty minutes ago. Not a text, not a call; nothing. I was now regretting ever pressuring him into coming out to his parents. I knew they wouldn't handle it as well as mine did.

I fucked up.

I would pace for another hour before anything.

A knock.

My heart raced as I ran past my mom who was on her way to open the door.

"Josh honey, is everything okay?" she asked, but I ignored her. I grabbed the knob on the front door and opened it.

"Oh no," was about all I had time to choke out before tears fell. There he was, tattered and bruised. His eyes were as red as fire and I could see the visible tear stains on his beautiful cheeks. I grabbed him and held him close to me.

"Josh." His voice was raspy. I kissed him all over.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry babe...." I sputtered over and over again. I wanted to make everything better and make him feel something, but he just cried into my hoodie. My mom helped us over to the couch where he told us everything.

His dad disowned him and had slapped him across the face before shoving him to the ground. His mom told him how they didn't raise him to be that way and since he chose to be this way, he could choose where he lived at. So, naturally he came to me. I cried and apologized over and over but he reassured me it would had happened no matter when he decided to come out.

He only came with a duffel bag full of stuff and over the next week, my parents went over to retrieve everything else. The first night, I held him so close to me. He was confused at how they could love him before he came out and now wanted nothing of him. I just listened to him cry and talk as I kissed him. He fell asleep next to me as I cuddled him, his head resting below my chin. I kissed him a million times and whispered apologies.

Even without his parents, he thrived. We took him in fully when his parents just signed him over to us. Even though we had separate rooms, I still would sneak into his at night after everyone was asleep and would wake up early to sneak back out. I loved him and he loved me. He was my King.