Jumping to Conclusions (Tyler Joseph)

Tyler was your entire world. You guys had been together for three years now. Lately, Tyler had been spending a lot of time at the studio than at your home. You would stay up so late waiting for him that you would eventually pass out. You didn't wanna think there was someone else, but you couldn't deny his change in his behavior. So, one night you decide to confront him. You waited for him to come strolling in late one night, tossing his coat on the back of the couch as you sat in the living room. You flicked the light on, making him jump.

"Y/N, you scared me," he chuckled.

"Where have you been?" his smile dropped.

"I've been working on some things ya know..." he shuffled his foot around in circles.

"What things Tyler? What could you possibly be doing at midnight?" You asked sternly, rising from the chair where you had just sat.

"Are you accusing me of cheating?" he asked coldly.

"Innocent until proven guilty." With that, you turned around and headed past him to the bedroom. Tyler sighed, grabbing you by your shoulders.

"Hold on there Nancy Drew. I can't tell you what I've been doing because it'll ruin the surprise." You stopped.

"What surprise?"

"I've been planning something special these last few weeks with Josh for us. I didn't wanna tell you because I didn't want you to find out until the night before." He had a half smile on his lips.

"When was that?" you asked.

"Tonight."

Your hand flew to your mouth. How could you have forgotten tomorrow was your anniversary. Tyler reached into his pocket and pulled out two plane tickets.

"It's when we go on hiatus, I wanted us four to go on vacation to Hawaii and something else," he smiled as he patted something in his pocket, "I was gonna wait, but it'd be better to spend it with you as my fiance."

You gasped as Tyler got down on one knee and pulled your hand tightly into his. He kissed the top of your hand, making you shiver.

"I've been talking to your parents too, and they gave me their word. So Y/N, would you please come to Hawaii with me and the gang as my fiance? Please Y/N, forgive me for shutting you out lately to make this decision to want you as my husband forever and ever? Y/N, will you marry me?"

You began to sob. How silly was you to think Tyler was cheating. He was just out with your family getting to know them and preparing for a trip. You couldn't help but smile as you sputtered out a 'Yes'.

"Thank you baby. Now please, get you some sleep because we have to be up in a few hours for us and your mom and dad to go on a trip."