Chapter Forty Two

Niada's Point of View

At first, all I could see was a bright white light, shining from above me.

I was in a room of some sort, but there we're no furniture and the walls, ceiling and floor was painted white.

The atmosphere was cold and I could sense no life.

Then quickly, the room was turning black. First the ceiling, then the walls and last, the ground, but the place I was standing on remained white.

It felt as if something was trying to tell me something.

"When the light is out, the darkness will come and little by little, consume everyone," a familiar voice said.

It sounded like my aunt Aquarie,  who was always warning me, when she took me in.

"The darkness is almost here child. It is within you, just like it is within Naeva. Don't let it consume you." Aquarie's voice continued.

She always told me that everyone had a darkness hiding inside of them, even angels. We just had to control them and hide it from others. Although some let the darkness come out and that is when it takes control.

"Help is on the way. Be wise and strong and have control." Then the voice disappeared and so did the room, and I was back to my peaceful sleep.

I woke up to someone banging on my door.

Slowly, I got up and opened the door to come face to face with Magnus.

"What do you want?" I asked, still sounding sleepy.

"There's a girl here," he said.

"You're the Alpha for now so deal with it," I said angrily, not believing he just woke me up for that.

"She is asking for you and she smells kind of fishy," he said, before exiting my room.

This person was asking for me? 

I took a quick, cold shower and just threw on any random outfit, before dashing off to the office.

As soon as I neared the room, I could smell the salty waters of the sea, but something about the scent was familiar to me.

I entered the room to see a girl wearing a hoodie, sitting on one of the chairs.

As soon as she noticed my presence, she turned in my direction.

"Hello there dear cousin." The girl stood up.

That voice. I will never forget Pearlette's voice.

"Pearlette!" I screamed, as I ran and gave her a tight hug.

Pearlette is Aquarie's child, who is my favorite and worst cousin at the same time.

She used to always prank me and play tricks on me, but at the same time was always there for me.

"So why are you here and how did you find me?" I questioned curiously, after I stopped hugging her.

"I am here to help and are you seriously asking how I find you?" She raised an eyebrow.

I forgot about her being one of the best trackers on both land and sea.

"Come, let me introduce you to Magnus," I grabbed her hand and run into the kitchen, where Magnus was preparing a delicious looking sandwich.

"Magnus Pearlette,  Pearlette Magnus," I said, gesturing between the two.

"So he's the hot guy you fell in love with," Pearlette smirked, as my cheeks turned a bright red colour.

Magnus smirked at me then asked, "Why does she smell like fish?"

"Because I am a mermaid," Pearlette said, flipping her hair.

So hey guys.  I haven't been talking to you guys after the chapters and that's because of school. So that also means that updates might be slow. Sorry.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter and please leave your opinions or suggestion in the comment section below.

Bye and have a wonderful day or night.

Mwah:-)