Chapter Forty Four

Naida's Point of View

Ever since what Pearlette told me, I couldn't stop thinking about my light dying out.

If my light actually died, then that means things have changed, my destiny have changed.

I can no longer help Naeva. I have failed her and our family.

I was still thinking about Naeva, when I heard a knock on my door, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Come in," I yelled, sitting up straight on the edge of my bed.

In came Pearlette with a glass that was filled with some type of orange coloured liquid.

"I have finally finished the drink, although it was much quicker than I expected with the help of mother," she said, handing me the glass.

"First I have to tie you down." As soon as she said that, two guys came into the room, each holding a pretty thick rope in their hand.

I gave her a questioning look as she continued to say, "The rope is just to hold you down in case things get out of control, but other that you should be fine, but you just might have a little to a lot of pain," she rushed the last part.

"When does something ever not involve pain?" I asked myself, as I let the two guys tie me to the bed. 

When they were done, she poured the contents of the glass into my mouth. At first it had a sour taste, but then it turned bitter. I could suddenly feel myself begin to get tired, as I was welcomed by the darkness.

Everywhere I looked was empty and dark and cold. I couldn't see anything no matter how hard I tried to, but my senses were telling me otherwise.

It felt as if no one was there but at the same time as if someone was near me. 

"Call out to Naeva!" I heard Pearlette's voice, but couldn't tell from what direction it was coming from.

I followed her advice and tried to reach out to my sister. I thought about when we were growing up, always having fun together, never seperated. 

I felt for the connection that we shared, slowly becoming stronger, linking us together.

Slowly, the darkness faded away and I could see that I was in a filthy looking room, no cell. The walls were covered with dried up blood and rusty looking chains hang from the ceiling. The floor was covered in what looked like some sort of slimy green liquid. 

I heard the painful cries of men and women, followed by quick lashes of a whip. I heard the howling of a creature of darkness, the Hell hound. 

I felt tired and drained of all of my energy. It was then I realized that I was experiencing what Naeva was. So I decided to share some of my energy with her.

I concentrated on her and sharing my energy and power with her, because if I can't actually go to Hell to save her, I might as well provide her with what she needs to save herself.

I felt my power and energy leaving my body quickly and entering into her, leaving me extremely tired, and making my body ache. 

All of a sudden, I felt as if I was being beaten by a metal chain, that was steaming hot, making me cry out in pain. My bones felt as if they were being broken and my flesh seemed to be burning up with every contact of the chain of my skin.

It was to much for me to handle, especially as I gave away all my energy and power to Naeva, so I just blacked out, but not before hearing my sister's voice say," Thank you my sister."