Don't Expect Me To Cheer For You

Chapter-One

Madeline's POV:

I groaned when my alarm went off waking me up and ruining my beautiful dream. I was dreaming about getting married. I was dressed in a beautiful cream-color gown walking down the aisle while holding my dad's arm. My mom was looking at us with tears in her beautiful brown eyes while the wide smile was spread on her face.

It was such a nice dream. It felt so real that I didn't want to wake up ever.

I put my face on the pillow and smiled shyly thinking about the man who was waiting for me on the podium. From afar I noticed that he had broad shoulders and tall figure. He was wearing a black tux and tapping his leg on the ground like he was impatient and nervous to meet me. But unfortunately, I was unable to see his face because my stupid alarm decided to blare.

But damn! His back looked really sexy. I just wanted to see his face.

My train of thoughts was interrupted when my bedroom barged open.

My head snapped up to see who dared to come inside my room this early?

I groaned in annoyance to find my cousin Delia aka the queen bitch standing in my room. She was dressed in a flimsy pink gown with two large rollers on her head that looked like Satan's horns. Her face was covered in a green mask to give her that glow which blinds all the good guys and attracts all the drug addicts.

"What are you still doing in the bed? Get up and make breakfast for me." She ordered me in her snotty voice.

Who the hell is she ordering? I got up from the bed in anger and glared at her.

"I'm not your servant, Miss Perfect. If you want to eat breakfast then use your manicured hands to prepare it yourself. I need to get ready for the school." I said tilting my chin up like a stubborn kid and glaring at her.

A devilish smirk appeared on her face making me a  little uneasy.

"You know it's snowing and sidewalks are going to be slippery. I don't think you would like to walk to the school in this cold weather. And you might break your neck by slipping on the sidewalk," She said smiling devilishly in my direction.

Did I tell you how much I hate her? Well, I hate her.

After my parents' death, I came to live with my aunt Emma. I found out about Delia. She was older than me and a nasty little witch. She was always bullying me and getting me into trouble. I was a smart kid and made sure she gets what she sows.

I didn't have a car so I preferred walking to the school. But I never liked walking in the snow when the pavement is sloppy and one needs to take calculated steps like they are walking on the dynamites.

"Madeline, you have to endure her presence just a few more months. After that, you'll be free."  I reminded myself.

"Okay, fine! I'll make breakfast for you. Now, leave my room. I need to get ready," I said gritting my teeth.

"My mom isn't feeding you for free. You need to give services in exchange for all the food that you eat so don't show me attitude. Oh, I forgot to tell you what I want for breakfast." She said giving me an evil smile.

"Get a notepad, Maddy,"

"Excuse me, what?"

"Get the notepad. I am going to tell you what I want for breakfast," She said.

"If you want breakfast then tell me right now or leave!" I said glaring at her. My fists were twisting ready to throw a punch on her face.

"I want a cheese omelet with some toast and coffee." She said walking out of my room.