Just Lost The Last Hope

Chapter Twenty-One

Brandon POV:

When I arrived at the hospital it at that moment it really sunk into me that how difficult it is to enter inside with the steady feet without focusing on the rushing memories of my horrible experience from my granddad's last days in hospital that still haunts me.

Eric was quite calm, even calmer than me despite his age. I was on the other hand dreading from going inside.

Elena, Eric and I made our way inside the hospital. The tears were flowing from Elena's eyes while Eric was holding her hand and rubbing her back to provide her comfort.

The smell of the hospital hit my nose making me want to puke, but keeping the calm face I walked to the reception.

"Hi, I got a call from here that my parents Chase Edward and Hailey Edward are here". I told them trying to keep my voice steady.

"Yes. Let me check in which room they're placed in". The woman said checking on the computer then she turned to me.

"Your mother is in room number 309 on 3rd floor while your dad is still in the surgery room 2 on 3rd floor". She said.

"Thanks". I said.

"No problem". She said staring at crying Elena with sad smile.

Taking elevator we made our way up to the third floor and searched for the room number 309. Finding the number we entered inside the room to see my mom lying on the bed with her eyes closed.

Eric made his way to the bed where mom was lying stagnant. Elena and Eric were beside her in minutes. I was frozen at the spot staring at twins crying and holding mom's hand, begging her to wake up.

The nurse that I didn't notice earlier standing in the room walked to the twins and patted their back. She told them to be quiet because mom needs to sleep to get better.

I took the step forward and made my way to my mother's bed to see her face pale like she has lost much blood. Her naturally pink lips looked dry and chapped, split from the bottom. She has a bandage on her head and there was a small spot of blood at the right side.

"How is my Mom? ". I asked the nurse.

"She's fine. She got hit on her head and fell unconsciousness. We had examined her injuries there's nothing fatal, but she have a broken arm which will take around four weeks to heal". The nurse told me.

My mother was alive and that's all what mattered at that time. My parents mean so much to me and I cannot even think about living without them.

"When will she wake up?" I asked her brushing my knuckles on my mother's cheek.

"She'll wake up soon. Then we'll run more tests to make sure everything is good". She told me.

"What about my dad? Do you know how he is?" I asked her concerned.

"Your dad is in surgery room. The pieces of broken windshield were lodged inside his chest when he was brought here. They were not deep and didn't damage any vital organ but surgery was necessary to remove them. You'll have to talk to his doctor for details". She said and picked the tray from the table.

"Are you the only adult?" She asked me with mix of curiosity and pity.

"No, I have elder brother. He will be here soon". I said while my eyes were still glued on my mom's face.

"Okay. I'll inform the doctor that you're here". The nurse said leaving the room.

I nodded my head and kissed my mother cheek.