Making Memories

Chapter-Thirteen

Madeline POV:

I glanced at the large garden in front of me and turned to the boy standing behind.

"I don't see any new hospital here". I said sweeping my gaze up and down on his quaking body.

The boy is a nerd of our school always dressed in baggy clothes and wearing large glasses which usually slides off every five seconds from his nose. His name is Tom I guess.

"I... I ... He ". He tried saying something but stuttered again, failing to explain why we're standing in a secluded garden.

"Are you tricking me? Why have you brought me here? To kill me?". Taking one step closer I glared at him, trying to intimidate him with the angry look.

"No! I. I thought". He keep glancing around to garden like his eyes are searching for someone.

"You thought you can trick me?". I captured his slim neck and pressed my fingers around them firmly; blocking his oxygen which made him turn pink quickly.

"No... He's... He's there". He squawked pointing his finger making behind me. I followed the direction he was pointing and my eyes landed on the culprit standing in the garden. I loosened my grip on the boy's neck and he fall on the ground with the thud.

"You look fine". I said frowning, sweeping my eyes up and down on his body and shouted "You jerk!".

"Haha. I'm fine". Brandon said with the small nervous laugh.

"But why did Tom lied?". I yelled glancing back to find that the boy have already disappeared leaving me with Brandon.

"I told him to lie. That stupid guy said tomorrow and you didn't realize he was lying". Brandon said in a "duh" tone

"Why? Do you've any idea how much you scared me?". I said pushing him back in anger making him stumble and landed on his butt on the ground.

"It was a strategy to bring you here. Don't fret so much". He said rolling his eyes at my agitated face.

"How does it feel?". I kneel down and punched him in the stomach while he was still spread out on the grass.

"Ouch! You hit like a man". He said rolling in the pain.

I sat beside him and gritted my teeth "I'm seriously going to injure you now so next time you won't need to lie".

"C'mon maddy. You weren't talking to me so I thought". He tried explaining but interrupted him.

"So you thought this stupid trick will make me come running here. Because being a stupid friend I still care about you". I said making him still for few seconds and stared at me with some weird emotion which I couldn't pin point yet.

"Okay I'm sorry. Now that you're here I realize it's a shitty move". He said sitting up and dusting the grass from his shirt and jeans.

"It's the shittiest move". I chided.

Rolling his eyes he got up and offered me his hand which I gladly took.

"Now what?". I asked him dusting myself.

"Now we're going for a shopping". He replied casually and taking my hand in his; he started dragging me.

"Shopping?". I repeated dumbfounded.

"Yup. Book shopping,specifically. I heard that the store got some new collection this week". He told me.

"Oh really". I mumbled softly because it reminds that my money is stolen by that evil cousin of mine.