We are going on a date

Chapter-Eight

Brandon's POV:

Laura and I were going to our class when one of her friends stopped us and started talking about the dance practice. Laura's hand was casually resting on my bicep while she talked to her friend. I was just standing beside her as a good boyfriend.

I ran my eyes aimlessly on the hallway looking for Jake. But my eyes caught Madeline and Connor coming out of Janitor's room. My body went rigged at the sight of them standing together.

Connor took the step closer her and tucked her hair behind her ear. I couldn't believe my eyes.

Why would she let Connor come close to her?

I was shocked. Then suddenly I wanted to go there and beat him for even crossing the same path as her.

He smiled at her and Madeline glared at him not looking bothered at his presence.

Then she said something to him and he gave her an amused smile. She was about to leave when he caught her wrist.

I removed Laura's hand and started to walk where they were standing when she stopped me

"Brandon, baby stop. Where are you going?" Laura asked.

"He is annoying her. I'm going to give him a piece of my mind." I said still glaring at Connor.

"Let her fight her own battles." She whispered in my ear.

I didn't think it was possible for me to let her fight alone after seeing her so fragile that night. I knew Madeline. She acts tough but she so fragile from inside. Her parent's death broke her apart and she was always trying to mend it by pretending to be fine.

"I'm letting her fight her own battles, Laura. But don't expect me to just stand here and watch her get attacked. I need to stand beside her as her ally." I  said untangling myself from her grip and walking towards her.

"What the hell is going on here?" I asked them.

Madeline's eyes widened and she looked nervous.

"Nothing, I was just leaving for the class," She said glaring at Conner.

"See you later, beautiful." Conner said with a smirk and left.

"What was he saying?" I asked.

"Brandon you're not my father. So stop pretending like one," She said and went to her class.

I was shocked at her answer.

I went to the class thinking that I would talk to her in the breaks. When the bell rang indicating that it was the break time I and my friends straight went to the cafeteria.

"Did you buy a lunch for me?" Jake asked throwing his arm around my shoulder.

"Why would I buy a lunch for you? You are not my girlfriend." I said shrugging his shoulder off.

"Mrs. Parker, what is he having for lunch?" Jake asked the lunch lady.

"The special Hamburgers," Mrs. Parker replied.

"You a**hole. You know we love hamburgers." Jake punched me.

"Can you please give me the hamburger as well?" He asked.

"Sure, Jake. But you've used the A-word while talking to Brandon. Now you need to pay double for the burger, my boy." She said placing the tray of food on the counter.

"Oh no, shi..." Jake said.

"Language!" We all said in unison making him stop before he could complete his sentence.