Claiming Her As His

Chapter Twenty-Nine

Brandon's POV:

I was just sitting at stool near the bar that was arranged at the far end corner of the large hall where the opening party was going.

The hotel was themed vintage with the touch of Mughal. The structure of the hotel was detailed designed to make it appear like some palace of king. To me it's the biggest investment Damien Peirce has ever done.

The lavishness left Laura speechless she looked around in astonishment. I was greeted by Damien himself then after a polite conversation he excused himself to receive other guests.

The palace was truly magnificent and almost magical with it's beauty.

"Excuse me Brandon I just saw my friends there and I hope you won't mind few minutes alone". Laura said leaving my side and going to the group of fashionably dressed women standing in the center.

I lazily roamed my eyes around and caught Damien Peirce talking to the man who has a slim woman draped on his arm.

She was dressed in a rose gold color shimmery dress which was mid thigh showing her long slim legs making me remind that someone I knew also possess similar pair of legs. Her hair were brown with the touch of gold at the ends draping in a waves touching her waist line. I couldn't see her face because her back was to me, showing her slim figure and small waist.

Damien and the man was talking about something which made the girl embarrass making her duck her head in the man neck to hid her face from the attention they suddenly received when the both men laughed aloud. The man lowered his head to her level then placed a hand on her jaw tilting her face up to plant his lips on her, lovingly kissing her while Damien looked at them with amused smile.

Something about the girl looked amiss, mysterious yet familiar. I didn't know why this strange girl was reminding me about my former best friend.

Shaking my head in annoyance I ordered the whiskey. Taking the glass from the bartender I drank lazily while my eyes searched Laura around the hall to find her nowhere in the near sight.

I felt the pat on my shoulder making me turn my head to find my college friends.

We started chatting about business and other stuff until they excused themselves when they saw Damien approaching me with the man.

"Brandon meet Sebastian Carrington. The owner of hotels and resorts around the world". Damien introduced the man that's standing beside him.

"Hello". I said as we shook hands.

"I invested my money in one of the project with Edwards and here I am opening the new hotel in New York". Damien said.

"He must be good in the business if he's making you rich". Sebastian Carrington said.

"He is the very best that I know". Damien said patting my back.

"Wow Damien I never would have thought that you will praise me one day in front of me". I said amused.

Damien rolled his eyes at my comment and said "Sebastian wants to invest his money in your upcoming project. He knows how to run a hotel business but when it comes to dealing properties or buildings he's useless".