I Can't Hide The Truth Anymore

The art work above send by @harpreetdhanoa.

She used her own cast to express who she imagines while reading "Mending Her Heart".

Continue.....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Thirty-Five

Madeline's POV:

I woke up groggily and turn to my right to shut the lamp when my eyes landed on a chair where Sebastian was sleeping with his mouth slightly parted and snoring lightly.

Shutting off the lamp I moved little closer and slapped his lap to wake him up. He opened his eyes and looked around like he doesn't remember where he has slept all night. Then his head turned to me and he got up from the chair.

"Are you alright?". He asked me while sitting on the bed beside me.

"Yeah I'm fine". I said making him sigh in relief.

I asked him "What are you doing here?".

"Darren called me last night and told me about the situation". He explained making me clench my jaw in annoyance.

"He shouldn't have called you when I told him I'll be fine. I took my medicines and slept all night so there was need for you to come here". I said.

Sebastian cupped my face between his palms and said "He cares for you and he did the right thing. You should know that everyone in your family love taking care of you and you should be greatful for having them".

"I am sorry. I am------just annoyed that's all". I said with the shake of my head.

"Why did you have those dreams again last night. They stopped tormenting you". He said retracting his hands​ from my face.

"I....uhm... I". I scratched my brain for a lie but nothing came in my mind and Sebastian saw me struggling with words.

"Madeline I don't want to hear a lie". Sebastian said in strict voice like my dad making me scowl at him.

"Brandon came last night-----to meet me". I told him.

"You mean Brandon Edward your best friend. Why?". He asked me frowning.

I gulped feeling my throat tightening.

"Madeline tell me why was he here? Are you cheating on me?". He asked me making me punch him on the stomach.

"Keep your hands to yourself woman. It was just a joke". He said with the glare rubbing his stomach where I punched him with quite a force.

"Tell me why did he come? Or I'll not hesitate to ask him myself". Sebastian said making my eyes widened.

"He came to visit me as an old friend nothing much to tell. Now will you please get up I need to go office". I said to him.

Ignoring me Sebastian picked up his cellphone​ from the bedside drawer and dialed someone's ​number.

"Hi Damien can you please send​ me Brandon Edward personal number. Yeah I want to talk to him about something related to business. Yeah, thanks man". Sebastian ended the call and I felt my heart drop in the pit of my stomach.

"Sebastian why are you doing this?". I asked him feeling hurt.

"Because you won't tell me yourself". He said in a straight voice.