A Little Closer Will Be Better

Chapter-Fifteen

Madeline POV:

Today is the very special day of my life. I'm getting graduate after enduring four years of high school drama and finally escaping from this hell which we call school. I'll be free to live my life without getting flashes of bad memories of my past.

I'm in good mood today because first I'm graduating and second there's no one to spoil my good mood. Aunt Emma and Delia flew last night to Colombia because her mother had a heart attack in her apartment and rushed to the hospital in critical stage.

I volunteered myself to tag along with them but for some unknown reasons' aunt Emma refused to take me with her,insisting that I should stay here and attend my convocation.

So for few days I'm the sole owner of the house and doing whatever I wish to do. I stole Delia's makeup and dress for today's ceremony with some other matching accessories. It's not like she would know that I've used her things.

I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled at the beautiful girl staring back at me. The simple strapped white knee-length dress I've chosen for today have finely crafted lace at the bottom which is brushing on my knee whenever I move. The nude pumps complimenting elegantly with the dress and giving the illusion of having long legs.

With the help of YouTube videos I've put on a light makeup which consist moderate amount of Mac foundation, mascara,blush and soft pink lip gloss giving my chapped lips some life.

Satisfied with my reflection I picked up my maroon gown and hat which all the students are supposed to wear during the convocation.

I heard the horn outside the house and saw my best friend Milly's car parked. Hurriedly I left the house after locking it and hopped in the car.

"Hi Milly". I said waving my hand and looking at her. The Navy blue knee-length dress was hugging her body perfectly. The only make up she has a simple black eyeliner making her eyes appear larger and cherry red lipstick tainted on her thin lips looking good with her pale complexion.

She was staring at me with her jaw drop. "Who are you and what have you done to my friend?". She asked me in disbelief.

I rolled my eyes at her ridiculous attempt of annoying me.

"Milly we're getting late! Please drive. You can gawk at me all day after graduation ceremony". I said with the small smirk.

She glared at me in return and started the car mumbling about me being bossy and mean.

"Is there a certain boy who you're dress up for?". Milly teased me making me blush.

Yes! Yes! Yes! My heart yelled jumping inside the chest.

"No". I mumbled blushing like a tomato at which Milly whistles.

I don't remember what came on me when I decided to dolled up and put all these efforts to look good. But at that time only one certain boy and his talented lips were swirling around my head. And that I want to look beautiful for him.

"Come out daydreamer. We're here". Milly said after parking at the far end of the school.

We both stepped out of the car and looked at the packed parking lot. A shiver of nervousness went through from my shoulders to my toe making me shudder.

Taking fast strides we made our way inside the hall where the graduation ceremony is being arranged.

The students were hustling around busy in talking while seated on their seats. Me and Milly sat beside each other on the second row and that's when her boyfriend Mac came running and took the empty seat beside Milly's right hand.