I Don't Want To Face Her Yet, I Can't.

Chapter-Sixteen

Brandon POV:

I was pacing in my room in anxiety, not because today is the graduation ceremony a very special day of my life and first step towards successful future but it's because I'm nervous to see Madeline a week after kiss.

The reality of my feelings towards her left me stunned that I'm still not able to grasp it in my mind. I'm her best friend, her buddy. We almost grew up together, my mother treated her like Elena,my brother's love her like they love Elena.

And here I'm feeling something that's unacceptable for me to feel and against the moral of societal teachings.

I don't want to face her yet, I can't. I'm scared what'll happen if I see her again.

For the whole week I have avoided her, ignored her texts and shut her out like she doesn't matter to me. Despite doing all these things I wasn't able to stop myself from thinking about her. I wasn't able to think clearly; the thoughts that occupied my mind this whole week was her lips, her face, her talks, her body and her kiss.

That kiss literally ruined me, my mind and the illusion of having the best relation of friendship with her. I couldn't find it in myself to stop this havoc that's going inside my mind. I feel disgusted with myself for cheating on Laura and also because of kissing my best friend.

I'm sure Madeline hates me now because of what I've done. Out of all boys in the school she allowed me near her and give me the chance to become her friend and now here I'm developing an inappropriate feeling in my heart about her, Disgusting.

The knocking at the door startled me.

"Yes?". I asked.

"Brandon come out. We're getting late". Mom said making me run my hands in my hair, messing them.

I took the quick look of my reflection in the mirror, the black button down shirt and jeans doesn't look semi-formal but at this point I really don't care. My real concern is to face two important girls of my life. I love both of them but in different way.

How'll I face Laura after confessing to her that I kissed my best friend and our childhood friend. I don't know if I'm lucky or not but Laura didn't react the way I was expecting her to react after hearing about my infidelity. She was so calm when I told her about the kiss. She stayed silent for few minutes after hearing me then she said that it's alright if it happened one time and that she forgives me for that. She said she can feel my guilt on this and that's enough for her.

"Brandy mom is calling you down". She yelled from outside my bedroom door.

"I'm coming". I yelled back.

Picking up the maroon gown and hat that we supposed to wear during the graduation ceremony I made my way downstairs and saw my parents waiting for me at the door. They both look perfect, dressed in fashionable clothes.

Without delaying we made our we to the car and started the journey to school. After twenty minutes I was standing in the parking lot of school, staring at the building where I've made thousands of memories with my friends.

"Let's go inside". My mom said with excitement.

I nodded my head and followed them inside the school.

"Daddy it's beautiful here. I can't wait to start high school. I wish Eric and Daren would come with me here ". Elena said staring at everything in awe.

She's a total chipper, looking at the classes and well decorated garden with her big amuse eyes. Eric is a heavy sleeper so when Elena tried to wake him up; he didn't budge and slept peacefully. First time in her life she ignored Eric and decided to come with us.