Even If It Breaks Your Heart

Chapter-Three

Madeline's POV:

My night was completely ruined after I came back inside the house and went to my room. I couldn't sleep for a second. Every time, I close my eyes his face appeared making me remember how astonished he looked when I told him what he would need to say to Laura. I shivered remembering how intensely he was staring at me last night like he was trying to solve the trickiest math equation.

I still couldn't believe, how I almost confessed my feelings towards him, after being extremely conscious about keeping them inside my heart for so many years.

I was glad he didn't realize that my words held some other meanings. The feelings that I let get surfaced last night was a mistake. I had been keeping them hidden and plan to keep them there always.

My alarm went off suddenly making me sat up on the bed. I spend the whole night thinking what if I had leaned closer and kissed his lips or what if he leaned closer and kissed me. I touched my lips and then removed my hands like they burned.

What the hell are you thinking, Madeline? I asked myself feeling angry for thinking stupid things.

I got up from the bed and went to the washroom to get ready for the school. I pulled an oversized baby blue sweatshirt with my black skinny jeans. I didn't want to work on untangling my curly hair so I left them open and put the black beanie on my head to cover the mess.

Then I put my black boots on and checked my bag twice to make sure I had my assignment and notes in it.

Despite being rumored that I have rabies, AIDS, and what not it amazes me how I still managed to keep friends. Milly is a sweet little thing with black straight hair and pale white skin that always looks flawless. She is an Asian and moved here when she was a baby because of her father business. Her boyfriend Mac is my friend also. They transferred to my school when I was in the fifth grade. They're the cutest couple in the whole school. I love them both because they are fun to be around and true friends.

I left my room with my bag slung over my shoulder and made my way down. I peeked outside through the lounge window to see Delia speeding away.

I guess you need to take a walk, Madeline. I said yo myself.

After five minutes of walk, I was panting like a dog who has run miles to get the treat. I knew it was a weird example but I didn't really care about that. I put my hands on my knees and took the deep breaths to calm myself.

I heard the honk from the behind and straighten to glare at the person who was honking like mad. I snapped my head and looked at the pink car. I groaned internally.

The female version of Satan was waving at me.

She slid down the window and looked at me from head to toe. She stared at me for like 30 seconds with her mouth shaped in big "O". Then she smiled at me sweetly showing me her pearly sharp canine.

"Hi, Maddy. Do wanna ride with me?" She asked me in her overly cheery voice.

I hate when people call me "Maddy".  But it was like next to impossible for me to make everyone forget that silly name after all these years.

"Um...If you don't mind" I said adjusting my bag on my shoulder.

"No silly. Why would I mind? Get inside" She said smiling and opening a door for me.

I got inside hurriedly and the warmth of her car engulfed me. My freezing hands and nose turned back to normal temperature.

"So she left without you again," Laura said while driving.