She's A Wench

Chapter -Nine

Madeline's POV:

The day got worse with each passing second. First I got to deal with that dumbass Connor then a fight with Brandon on the most stupid thing. Then in all this, I forgot that I need the ride to go back home.

Now I was walking home while I had no desire to walk. I was pretty much dragging myself to home.

I heard the honk from the behind and a silver Audi came to halt. With the glare, I turned around and saw Connor grinning at me with his eyebrows wiggling like a creep.

"Want a ride home?" He asked me with an amused smile.

"Go to hell," I said feeling angry because of his nonchalant attitude.

"As you wish, girlfriend," He said aloud and speeding away.

I shouted profanities at him and the nearby walking people looked at me like I was some nutcase.

Sighing, I continued to walk with the heavy bag filled with so many assignments.

The time I arrived at my house, I was tried like héll and wanted some water to drink. I unlocked the main door and entered to find aunt Emma lounging on the couch still in her maroon nightgown which was doing little to hide her modesty. In her left hand, she had an open beer bottle.

I locked the door and turned to her. She glanced at me, sweeping her eyes up and down on my figure. Then she uttered the words which I was dreading.

"Madeline dear. Can you make me something to eat? I just woke up and I'm not in the state to prepare something myself" She said closing her eyes and putting her head on the arm of the couch.

Like she ever had the energy to cook anything.

"Yeah, sure" I replied.

I dumped my back on the floor and went to the kitchen to prepare something for her.

I opened the fridge and found nothing much except some veggies and cheese slices. I took them out then looked for the bread slices and thankfully found them on the kitchen counter.

I chopped the veggies and to give it a taste I squeezed some barbecues sauce in it. In the end, it turned out like some kind of spreading for sandwiches.

I put the slice in the toaster and waited for them to toast. When they were done I pulled them out and placed some cheese slices on it, then spread the mixture of veggies on the bread and cut them half.

I pulled out some orange juice and poured it in the glass then with a plate of sandwiches and aspirins in the tray I made my way to the living-room. Aunt Emma was slumped exactly where I left her, groaning in pain and massaging her head.

I placed the tray on the center table.

"Bring me some Aspirins," She said.

I cleared my throat and she opened her eyes, looking at me like I was some stranger that she couldn't recognize then her eyes landed on a tray.

I picked up the glass of juice and she gulped it down with a few aspirins. She picked the plate and started eating the sandwiches.

"I need some money for the grocery shopping," I said making her stop chewing.

"Why? The month hasn't come to end yet" She said frowning.

I couldn't believe this woman. She had no idea it was the second day of the new month and she was supposed to get her paycheck yesterday.

"New month has already started and it's the second day of the March" I replied.

"Really?" She asked pretending to be shocked.