I'm Attracted To My Best Friend

Chapter-Fourteen

Madeline POV:

He pulled away from me removing his goodly lips, breathless after giving me the moment of exhilarating experience of my life.

We're still sitting close to each other just not kissing anymore. I could hear his fast breaths and feel his rigid body beside me.

He took the swift glance of my red face and delighted eyes making me look away from him. I tried to make the situation less embarrassing by avoiding his gaze.

He was the first one to speak and break the awkward silence between us.

"Madeline".

My name sounded sensuous coming from his mouth in a husky voice sending waves of pleasure in my heart making it hammer in my chest.

I took the risk to peek at his face and my eyes got stuck on his handsome face and swollen lips which were mashing with my own lips earlier.

"Please tell me we just did not". I tried saying the word kiss but my tongue felt heavy to pronounce that word.

"Kissed". But he completed my sentence by pronouncing the kiss word making my heart stop beating for the split of second.

I don't know what I'm supposed to do and say because I was the one who initiated the kiss so I stayed silent.

"It was wrong what we did". He said breaking my heart in thousands of pieces.

"Did it feel wrong?". I asked him before I could stop myself. My eyes downcast staring at the ground.

Avoiding the question I asked him he replied, "It was wrong to do when I love someone else".

His words sliced through my heart making it bleed profusely. He's right he loves Laura not me, he has always loved her.

From the day I realized what I feel about him is deeper than a teenage crush I've restrained myself from doing anything which will blow my cover.

But today it slipped my mind that he loves someone else not me. His affection and his care today blurred the lines of friendship and love in my head and I felt like I'm the one he loves.

The small part in me still made me wish that maybe someday he'll love me like the way I want him to. But I know better to believe that it's a mere wish which have low chances of coming true.

"Just...forget whatever happened". I said shrugging while inside my heart was breaking into tiny pieces.

We stayed quiet avoiding the more serious conversation and stared at the full moon that's brighter tonight than any other night.

"Let's go". Brandon said getting up.

I got up and followed him back to the car. We were both averting our eyes avoiding the eye contact. We got settled inside the car and he started driving back to home.

Whole drive to my home we stayed silent, both of us lost in our own world. He stopped the car making me realize that the most joyful day of my life has come to end while we stared at each other in awkward silence.