You are sick, Laura!

Chapter Forty-Seven

Brandon POV:

I was in the meeting room waiting for Laura to come. The door opened and she walked inside dressed in orange shirt and trouser. Her face was free from any make-up but the cryptic smile was still there.

"Hello Brandon". She said taking the seat.

The lady police left us in silence.

"So it's been a long time since we've seen each other". Laura said casually.

I didn't reply to her. My mind wanted to shout at her and demand to her why did she hid so many things from me? Why did she stay in a relationship with me when she didn't love me?

Honestly, I don't know if she ever loved me or not.

"Do you know we are having a baby?". She said placing her hand on mine.

I snatched my hand back.

"Really? Are you sure Laura it's mine?". I asked her.

She smiled at me.

"I have spent more time with you than Paul. It could be yours Brandon". She said placing her hand on her stomach.

At the thought of her carrying my child made me want to puke.

"I want paternity test results to make me believe that this child is mine. You might be lying again". I said in anger.

"I have talked to your lawyer and she said it's fine. I can take you to the hospital tomorrow for the test". I said.

"Oh well that's fine with me too". She said.

After that the silence fell in the room.

"What will you do if this baby is yours? Will you marry me to give your son/daughter a happy complete family". She asked me running her hand on her stomach.

If the baby she is carrying is mine then I will take full responsibility of the baby.

"I'm sure about one thing, Laura. Even if this baby is mine it doesn't mean I'll marry you. I will take the responsibility of this child if it is mine". I said making her clench her jaw.

"Did you get in contact with my parents?". Laura asked me.

Her parents the great lawyer's didn't want anything to do with their daughter.

After what she has done, she has definitely lost many loving people.

"Yes, I got in contact with them. Do you know what they said? Let her rot in prison". I told Laura what her parents said to me when called them and informed them about Laura.

Her face lost the color but she kept the villainous smile on her face.

"Oh darn! I thought they'll forgive me for blowing their money on drugs". She said.

I stared at her and felt like she was someone else. The girl I knew from my childhood was sweet and always smiling.

But this girl seems so different from the one I knew. She looks like a stranger to me with the face I knew.

There were no emotions on her face, nothing was giving out if she's hurt or not by her parents response.

"You are not like yourself Laura. I feel like I don't know you". I said getting up from the chair.

"This is real me, Brandon". She said slapping the table.

"You actually don't know real me at all. I'm not the girl that I made you to think I am. I was always like this. You didn't notice the real me like rest of the people did". She yelled.