You Still Haven't Told Me The Biggest Secret Of Your Life

Chapter-Thirty

Brandon's POV:

I was in a trance staring just staring at her with confusion the way she was speaking to her fiance. Her each endearment that she was using while talking to her fiance stabbed my heart.

I didn't know why I was so hurt? I have muself moved on and got engaged so why couldn't she. After all she deserves happiness in her life more than me.

I saw Sebastian pressing Madeline to his side in affectionate way but it only fueled my jealousy.

I wanted to snatch her from his arms and pulled her in mine.

I should be happy for her. She used to be my best friend and I should be happy for her but then why does it feel like someone is ripping my heart.

Whenever she smiles at something he said I had to clench my fist before I would do something that will ruin mine and her relationship.

I tried focusing on Laura but at that moment nothing appealed me towards her. It was like Laura doesn't mean anything to me and I felt guilty at me thoughts. She has done so much for me in the past few years when my best friend left me without any explanation.

"Are you guys expecting?". Laura's word registered little slow in my mind and I realized that Laura is asking this to the couple standing in front me.

I didn't know what came over me but I felt myself trembling with anger. From inside I was this near of throwing punch after punch at Sebastian perfect face.

Before hearing that the girl I loved all these years is pregnant with her fiance's baby I turned around and left the the hall were party was still going. I felt the heart wrenching pain in my heart making me stumble.

I walked aimlessly and found a small garden at the far corner decorated with fancy lights. I found a bench fixed near the beautiful fountain in the center of the garden and decided to slump down on it. I stared at the clear water of fountain and recalled the time I kissed Madeline first time near the lake and felt the heart wrenching pain in my chest at the memories. I closed my eyes and her face appeared in front of me with Sebastian kissing her making me gasp at the sudden difficulty to breath properly.

I didn't want to recall the memories we had because it only brought endless pain.

I heard the clicking of heels and stiffen thinking that it might be Madeline but the hope diminished when figure of woman appeared clad in red fitted dress.

"Brandon what was that?". Laura said sitting beside me looking upset.

"Nothing". I spat feeling angry and disturbed.

"Brandon are you alright?". She asked placing her hand on my shoulder.

"I'm fine Laura". I said in a slow voice feeling guilty for using harsh tone at her earlier.

We sat in a complete silence for few minutes until I heard my phone ringing.

"Hello Matt". I said receiving the call from the lawyer of the company.

"Boss.You won't believe what I have find out today". Matt said in a excited voice.

"Matt I'm not in the mood for riddles". I said pinching my nose in frustration.